The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

PolitelyNefarious

New Dream Choice Models / Some Old Models Discontinued?

PolitelyNefarious

I hope I'm not accidentally repeating something from a different post, but I didn't see this mentioned anywhere.

SophyBabyBear, a well-known proxy, posted these images to her Instagram story yesterday:

iAFZGnV.jpg.1e6868e7f4461799f9e61b6fc4cf7c7e.jpg

h5gp4cV.jpg.e1bdeb677a130b1ac382e7a35ac0651f.jpg

VWLcvFT.jpg.f1898553730c6fdd0754e8d3fb0e4988.jpg

Although I have not used her service personally (Because Ragnamuffin is awesome), she is trusted and directly attends events, taking pictures where allowed. Since these are just shots straight from the DollPoint magazine, that seems about as official as you can get outside of a formal Volks announcement. Obviously all of these sculpts will continue to be available in normal and semi-white from the regular shop- it's just your last chance to get them in tan and with the male bodies.

Also, new heads! I wish there were more pictures. The mouth on DDH-30 is glorious.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

1541664063_324SigUpdate(1).jpg.0e6f96def94bd21c61f91356e0bc8f92.jpg 855019605_DeletelaterSmol.jpg.136e5d245c2328488f8736543aceb78d.jpg

ragnamuffin

Thanks for posting these pics! The discontinuation and the new heads (among other things) were announced in Volks News 104, which came out on Monday. I did a little recap in that thread, but it’s great that people can see the heads in your screen caps here.

• Like 1

PolitelyNefarious

@ragnamuffin  I looked right at your post and straight up missed this. @onion16@  My apologies.

• Haha 2

1541664063_324SigUpdate(1).jpg.0e6f96def94bd21c61f91356e0bc8f92.jpg 855019605_DeletelaterSmol.jpg.136e5d245c2328488f8736543aceb78d.jpg

ragnamuffin
30 minutes ago, PolitelyNefarious said:

@ragnamuffin  I looked right at your post and straight up missed this. @onion16@  My apologies.

No worries, I just linked to this thread from my post so more people can see it.

I think this is a good place for people to talk about the new heads and the discontinuation specifically.

Personally, I’m super bummed that they’re discontinuing what I thought were some of their most popular heads. Really wanted an 09 in Tan but I’m just not sure I can swing it before they run out.

I’m also not a fan of the new heads. 30 M01 looks cute, but I suspect that hinges on the eye design (large, dark irises). 30 M02 is nightmare fuel imo 😂 

Monty
1 hour ago, ragnamuffin said:

30 M02 is nightmare fuel imo 😂 

The gap between the upper eyeline and eyehole is kinda uncanny for me. There’s a lot of faceups that use this technique on the outer/side part of the eye outline but I haven’t seen it quite like that before, and it just looks…off? Even though I’m not a big fan of the technique, I do accept that it can be done well and creatively but here it almost looks like the eyeline was misprinted and put too high. So I’m glad it’s not just me that doesn’t like it much.

The other one is cute. I actually really like the kinda ‘creature’ energy of the head, so think it would look better on a chimikko body. I also want to stick a little tooth in the mouth. But I’m also happy to see more open mouthed heads.

DCH31 is quite pretty and I’m happy to see another mature head as I’m not the biggest fan of the current offerings for that. I’m really interested in seeing both of these heads at different angles.

(as for this thread, well there is a general Dream Choice thread for news and discussion buried somewhere in the News board but there probably hasn’t been much discussion lately due to the lack of news until now)

meteorite

DCH30 looks really cute with that :3 mouth. A lot of the existing MDD sculpts are based on DDH01 which makes them feel samey. This is a fresh take that I'm very happy to see.

As for DCH31... I'm glad they are making more mature styled heads, but the eye sculpt and faceup are unappealing to me. Hopefully she gets more faceup options soon.

Moved on to resin BJD

Favourite DD: Sakuno Uryuu

Kemonomimicry

Some of the mature heads have the eyes too far apart with a too narrow nose, which makes them look like they're aliens.

That new MDD head is just asking for fangs.@onion26@

kurimu
Posted (edited)

I'm also sad to see they'll be discontinuing heads 6-10! I might have missed this, but will they still be available as option parts online? I also wonder if they'll be adding any of the later heads as option parts, since I don't believe I've seen some of the heads like DDH 23 available outside of dream choice.

Edit to add- I see they will still be available in semi-white and flesh in the top post; oops! I just haven't seen some of the heads restock in quite a while so wasn't sure about that

Edited by kurimu

sig.png

0bsequi0us

Oooh, I'm a little intrigued by 30! I'll be curious to see it blank, just to know exactly how deep the mouth sculpt goes and exactly how it's sculpted. Though I do agree it's just screaming for teeth of some kind. 😁 I actually like the shape of the M02 eye design a little more than M01, but it does look like it's misplaced... I feel like someone needs to take the transform tool and just rotate it a sliver counterclockwise to get rid of that awkward gap at what's supposed to be the top of the eye.

Personally I find 31 to be a bit uncanny though... the mouth is kind of stylistically inconsistent with the rest of the face imo.

BelliniZinfandel_plasticjester.png.f2531efee3a0885fc0ddeec99e67bff2.png

Pixel art by @PlasticJester !

Zai

Ooo, DCH31 is quite pretty to me. I’d probably change the face up a bit but I too am a fan of a more mature looking head sculpt. She seems to lean a tiny bit towards the semi-realistic look too, which are my fav type of DD sculpts. I’d have to see more of it though, it looks like it could be a bit flat looking from the side, perhaps? Something about her mouth throws me off from the front although it could just be that photo. Or is that a 31 sculpt on the DD below the DCH30 in the second screenshot? Looks like it but the different looking faceup is confusing me, haha. 
And 30 is okay but open mouth sculpts have yet to grow on me, maybe I just need to find it right one!

I’d love a DC but hesitate between paying the proxy fees or just waiting a couple of years until I’m next in Japan and getting one in person to see what the experience is like.

Vinyl friends: Stoli (DD Y’shtola), Raili, Yuzuha and Minami-senpai (Azone PureNeemo).
Future friends: DD Alisaie, TinyFox Huifre, DD Luka (hopefully a reboot?), and a DD Icon (wishful thinking, lol).

🩶 Instagram 🩶

ragnamuffin
2 hours ago, Zai said:

Or is that a 31 sculpt on the DD below the DCH30 in the second screenshot? Looks like it but the different looking faceup is confusing me, haha.

It is! It’s the 31 head with a custom faceup (or perhaps a future makeup option?). There were quite a few pictures of the 30 and 31 modeling the new outfits this season, so you can see them in more detail if you can find the scans.

6 hours ago, kurimu said:

I also wonder if they'll be adding any of the later heads as option parts, since I don't believe I've seen some of the heads like DDH 23 available outside of dream choice.

Some heads are exclusive to Dream Choice or D’Coord, but thankfully not the ones that are being discontinued. They should still be available as blank option heads and occasionally as D’Coords (even the tan ones).

They haven’t said anything about making the new heads available as blank option heads, and I’m a bit surprised DDH-28 and 29 weren’t added to Dream Choice first. Volks works in mysterious ways I suppose 🤷‍♀️

Somewhat tangentially related to this, I want to point out that there’s an error in the screen caps. The new heads and 2.0 base bodies (DD and MDD Mochi Ashi) will be available from July 7, but the discontinued heads will continue to be available until stock runs out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

MrFjmg03

I really like DDH31 it reminds me a lot of DDdy Mai Shiranui.:)

@ragnamuffin Do you know when they will be for sale?

ragnamuffin
31 minutes ago, MrFjmg03 said:

@ragnamuffin Do you know when they will be for sale?

July 7th!

• Like 1

PerlaNemesis

DDH-31 is so pretty! I'm very tempted by her. ❤️

DD family: Miyuki (DDH-03+Obi50), Saber (Alter v2 on DDIII + L bust)

Thespian

I want to see more photos before passing judgment, but I'm intrigued by both. I wonder if the custom market's favoring of mature lady and open-mouth MDD mods have influenced this pair of releases.

• Like 1

Kiyomi DDS DDH-06 🧡 Miyuki DDS DDH-06 🧡 Shiori DDS Mariko Summer Festival 🧡 Kanade DDDy DDH-07 🧡 Honoka DD DDH-09 🧡 Unnamed DDS Anthy Himemiya

Any pronouns are fine

Jezrah

The 31's mouth reminds me of DD Queen's Blade Airi.

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

plasticyears

More pictures of 30!

it’s a really adorable head and I would like to put it on a Chimikko 😭 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1660239928_Untitled-1copy2.png.79c708c69fe8c51198886fbc9ed31ed9.png

PlasticJester

Oh, I wasn't sure how I felt about DDH-30 at first, but these owner photos have absolutely sold me on it. How cute would it be for a little catgirl or catboy?? Or an awkward teen cat vibe with DDP?? I feel like I'm the resident DDP enjoyer, lol

• Like 1

592108676_DollGroupPixel.png.059a2d02f02ccb8975d8c8461ef7b1cc.png

mmmuguet

-Sighs and adds tan DDH30 dream choice to wish list-

Well, there's the nail in the coffin for me, so stinkin' cute.  Luckily that gives me a year or so to save up, since it's definitely not happening this year haha.

• Like 1

spacer.png

୨୧ Iskander tinyfox little anna • Bishop tinyfox lilith • Lariat tinyfox 06S • Crocus tinyfox asmoti • Cedar tinyfox nomi • Copernicus tinyfox murphy • Hyacinthe tinyfox c-16 • Salem tinyfox little ashley Arlo tinyfox raya • Clary tinyfox li chun • Wren tinyfox lizzy • Drosera tinyfox fluffy • Narcisse tinyfox d-01Robin mdd ddh-01 • Otto mdd ddh-01 • Yuliy mdd ddh-01 • Chino obitsu 50-04 • Eden obitsu 50-04 • Vivian azone fururu tan ୨୧

PlasticJester

The DDH-31 in tan has been spotted in this unboxing! I think she looks gorgeous in this color!

image.png.5451dad509c1dfdbdc243e3914feb7aa.png

• Like 12

mmmuguet

https://x.com/pinktail_dd/status/1819323780336160868?t=WzvfKONahScMAcW_-USQSg&s=19

I don't believe this has been posted, but it came across my feed - nice pics of the new MDD head in tan as well as pictures of the new mochi ashi body!

Honestly, the improvement in the mochi ashi body is huuuuuuge! It shot way up on my wishlist now because the legs and hips finally match each other. It looks super cute and intentional now, the legs looked a lil...slapdash on the original body lol.  If the 2.0 body hits stores before I'm ready to do a dream choice, I absolutely want to pick one up 💝 lil booty bebe~

• Like 4

spacer.png

୨୧ Iskander tinyfox little anna • Bishop tinyfox lilith • Lariat tinyfox 06S • Crocus tinyfox asmoti • Cedar tinyfox nomi • Copernicus tinyfox murphy • Hyacinthe tinyfox c-16 • Salem tinyfox little ashley Arlo tinyfox raya • Clary tinyfox li chun • Wren tinyfox lizzy • Drosera tinyfox fluffy • Narcisse tinyfox d-01Robin mdd ddh-01 • Otto mdd ddh-01 • Yuliy mdd ddh-01 • Chino obitsu 50-04 • Eden obitsu 50-04 • Vivian azone fururu tan ୨୧

PlasticJester

I'm in love with the new mochiashi! I've been wanting one, but put it off until the 2.0 f3 came out just in case, and I see my waiting was rewarded! I bet this'll also open up some fun hybrid options with the main MDD body too, if you want a wider-hipped girl with slimmer legs.

roro_robot

Wow that is such a huge improvement! So much more natural looking than the old version. I already love the regular 2.0 MDD body so seeing this is making me hope that the mochi ashi 2.0 is also available online sometime soon <3  

Kemonomimicry

So that means there are only two more 2.0 bodies to be revealed: DDS and DDP, right?

Hopefully the DDP won't be axed...