Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

bandycam

Here we go again

bandycam

Hhhh I went to make an account since I've finally gotten my grubby little hands on a dollfie dream (and a VISUAdoll/obitsu hybrid that I'm going to have to figure out if she's OT or not... lol) and the site told me that the email was already in use so here I am, using an account I made in 2016 and last posted/the only post I have was made in 2019 (whoops.) So o/

My name is Sika <3 I'm primarily a BJD collector who's really just only dipped my toes into the world of vinyl dolls and I gotta say; I adore 'em. Like most newbies I'm still a little hesitant on the whole staining issue, but I'm positive once my girl develops her first stain (sobs) I'll get over that quickly but until then, stains please stay away lmao. She's wearing as pale of clothing/wig as I can get. (Both my vinyl girls are, actually.) I unfortunately don't have any decent photos of either of them at the moment 💔 (Or, at least no ones I'm super happy with.)

(Also, am I crazy or can you not resize images when you try and just insert them? lol. Send help xP ) For now just have a really bad photo of Kokomi! (I gotta tame those flyaways man. It was so windy that day.)

I'm maybe slowly converting one of my roommates (who also collect BJDs) into wanting a vinyl doll because he's somewhat obsessed with the Len release and we're convinced that one day we'll get him for him <3 (I want Kaito myself. One day!) Not too sure if I can convert my 2nd roommate into wanting a vinyl, but she thinks mine is super cute. (She might just stick to her resin dolls though, who knows.)

Anyways, enough rambling from me! Just figured I'd pop out another introduction post since it's been 5 years since my last one aha.

• Like 10

roro_robot

Welcome back! Kokomi looks very cute <3 The fear of staining vinyl dolls is very real but so far hasn't been an issue for me (yet 😅), best things to consider are preventative measures like using skin coloured body suits under their clothing and even testing any fabrics you are particularly worried about on a spare part if you happen to have any. Also I might be a little biased but I can definitely vouch for Kaito being a great doll to have your eyes on @onion20@  

Xiongmao

Welcome - I have both Kaito and Len but they're kind of underutilised round here. I think Len is the better doll, and Rin is absolutely epic.

I've had some terrible stains but have had a lot of success de-staining. Dark outfits are obviously the worst and some are stain monsters. Examples are the Volks nun/sister sets and also Ciel's outfit. Some wigs are also stain monsters. Some outfits that should stain don't - an example being Erica Fontaine's extremely red dress.

Most of my dolls wear bodysuits now and wig caps for darker wigs.

I've not made much progress on flyaways, but just be aware brushing some wigs can wreck them (thinking of you, Miku).

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

Giallo_Gatta

Kokomi is adorable 😲 Welcome (back?) to the forum, I'm sure you'll find it a very friendly and helpful place 😄

• Thanks 1

Kissamaagi

Kokomi is a cutie! Is it a coincidence or is she somewhat based on the Genshin Impact character of the same name, her color scheme is also similar

DollsnBooks

OMG she's adorable!!

• Thanks 1

bandycam
On 6/25/2024 at 6:23 AM, roro_robot said:

Welcome back! Kokomi looks very cute <3 The fear of staining vinyl dolls is very real but so far hasn't been an issue for me (yet 😅), best things to consider are preventative measures like using skin coloured body suits under their clothing and even testing any fabrics you are particularly worried about on a spare part if you happen to have any. Also I might be a little biased but I can definitely vouch for Kaito being a great doll to have your eyes on @onion20@  

Ahh thats actually good advice. I never thought of testing out fabric on spare parts before. I'll have to keep that in mind.

On 6/26/2024 at 9:51 AM, Xiongmao said:

Welcome - I have both Kaito and Len but they're kind of underutilised round here. I think Len is the better doll, and Rin is absolutely epic.

I've had some terrible stains but have had a lot of success de-staining. Dark outfits are obviously the worst and some are stain monsters. Examples are the Volks nun/sister sets and also Ciel's outfit. Some wigs are also stain monsters. Some outfits that should stain don't - an example being Erica Fontaine's extremely red dress.

Most of my dolls wear bodysuits now and wig caps for darker wigs.

I've not made much progress on flyaways, but just be aware brushing some wigs can wreck them (thinking of you, Miku).

Good to know! I haven't tried brushing the wig that Kokomi is wearing yet just because it's got the curls (why I did that to myself I'll never know LOL. I hate ringlets in doll wigs but it was too cute to pass up.)

So far I've gotten by with basically just having her wear white clothes but that gets a little boring xP I'll keep in mind that some official outfits are stain monsters though. That sounds horrible!

On 6/26/2024 at 11:49 AM, Kissamaagi said:

Kokomi is a cutie! Is it a coincidence or is she somewhat based on the Genshin Impact character of the same name, her color scheme is also similar

She's kinda based on her, yes lol. I hadn't come up with a name for her and was calling her knock-off Kokomi for a while because her wig was similar colors for Kokomi's hair, and from there I just thought it was a cute name and stuck with it. Her eyes are actually Kokomi's eyes (I'd have to dig up the etsy shop I bought them from if you wanna know it!) but I bought March 7th's (Star Rail) for her too and will likely buy other HoYo eyes for her just because I think they're pretty and I'm 100% extra like that lmao. Other than a name and a totally original random chance that she looks similar she has no other relation to Kokomi character wise 😄

• Like 1

Kissamaagi
14 hours ago, bandycam said:

She's kinda based on her, yes lol. I hadn't come up with a name for her and was calling her knock-off Kokomi for a while because her wig was similar colors for Kokomi's hair, and from there I just thought it was a cute name and stuck with it. Her eyes are actually Kokomi's eyes (I'd have to dig up the etsy shop I bought them from if you wanna know it!) but I bought March 7th's (Star Rail) for her too and will likely buy other HoYo eyes for her just because I think they're pretty and I'm 100% extra like that lmao. Other than a name and a totally original random chance that she looks similar she has no other relation to Kokomi character wise 😄

You have great taste in Hoyoverse characters then! And agreed, their eyes are real pretty, hadn't thought much that they could fit for non-cosplaying dolls as well, but seems they do. Can't wait to see Kokomi in March 7th's eyes!

snailbox

welcome! your girl is super cute ^_^ i can totally relate to the fear of stains haha

• Like 1

bandycam
On 6/29/2024 at 10:30 AM, Kissamaagi said:

You have great taste in Hoyoverse characters then! And agreed, their eyes are real pretty, hadn't thought much that they could fit for non-cosplaying dolls as well, but seems they do. Can't wait to see Kokomi in March 7th's eyes!

Yeah! The idea of a cosplaying doll did cross my mind, but in the end I really just enjoy messing around with original characters lol I'll try and find time to get photos of March's eyes in her later for sure!

• Like 1