Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

PlasticJester

Bodies for Floating Heads

PlasticJester

Hey yall! While this is specifically a question I have for some heads I have on the way, I thought I'd leave it open if anyone else wants help for the same issue. I have some heads on the way, and I have no clue what bodies to buy for them! I'm really bad about figuring out hybrids because the head is just more exciting, and I leave the body until the last minute. So I thought I'd source some opinions on bodies.

My first head is a Shoushou Doll Coco Cat in DD Semi-White, a 1/4 head with a 7.3 neck circumference. O1CN01Wmvfq828fH5mfyLR9_693647959.jpg&f=

I know there's a Shoushou body available for the body, but it's too mature for what I want. I'd really like a cutesy male/angel body. I know some people do MDD hybrids with the head, but I've never done a resin/vinyl hybrid before! Thoughts?

The other head is a Terakura A-he, also a 1/4 head in DD semi-white. The neck circumference is 7.5cm.

TKSAH_12.jpg?v=1705995611%26width=1646&f

I'm planning on using this to shell a character of mine, and so I need an adult-looking male body for it. I'm not really picky, as long as it has nice posability and looks nice enough. I'm mostly lost on where to even start on bodies.

I'm not very picky about resin matching, and I hope this doesn't come off as too needy. I'm just no good at finding bodies until the head's been sitting around for months, so I thought group opinion would make me choose faster. Does anyone else need help with doll bodies for floating heads?

592108676_DollGroupPixel.png.059a2d02f02ccb8975d8c8461ef7b1cc.png

MoiBakaDesu

I have two Shoushou boys, one of them is on the actual Shoushou body (which I do love dearly), the other on a Imomodoll boy body. Works pretty well, no modding needed either, you can just plop it on there and fixate it with two of the winged silicone washers from Imomo.

I'm sure on a MMD it would work just as well, if you want something with a bit more quality than Imomodoll.

For the Terakura head, why not go for a Shoushoudoll body for him instead? The neck size shouldn't be a problem there, and like mentioned above, the quality is great, poses like a dream, most of all, holds the poses like a champ and personally I like the sculpting a lot as well.

• Like 1

PlasticJester
1 hour ago, MoiBakaDesu said:

I have two Shoushou boys, one of them is on the actual Shoushou body (which I do love dearly), the other on a Imomodoll boy body. Works pretty well, no modding needed either, you can just plop it on there and fixate it with two of the winged silicone washers from Imomo.

I'm sure on a MMD it would work just as well, if you want something with a bit more quality than Imomodoll.

For the Terakura head, why not go for a Shoushoudoll body for him instead? The neck size shouldn't be a problem there, and like mentioned above, the quality is great, poses like a dream, most of all, holds the poses like a champ and personally I like the sculpting a lot as well.

I....honestly didn't even think about the possibility the Shoushou body could work for my Terakura. I'm glad to know it poses well, that's important to me! I'd rather not have a pretty brick, you know?

I actually have an Imomodoll boy body already, so when I get my Coco Cat I'll plop it on there temporarily and see how I feel about it. I miiight lean more towards a MDD just because I enjoy their bodies so much, but I worry even with a small chest it would bother me, and I don't wanna shell out for the asexual body since it's a Dream Choice exclusive.

592108676_DollGroupPixel.png.059a2d02f02ccb8975d8c8461ef7b1cc.png

MoiBakaDesu
17 hours ago, PlasticJester said:

I....honestly didn't even think about the possibility the Shoushou body could work for my Terakura. I'm glad to know it poses well, that's important to me! I'd rather not have a pretty brick, you know?

I actually have an Imomodoll boy body already, so when I get my Coco Cat I'll plop it on there temporarily and see how I feel about it. I miiight lean more towards a MDD just because I enjoy their bodies so much, but I worry even with a small chest it would bother me, and I don't wanna shell out for the asexual body since it's a Dream Choice exclusive.

If you do want to go the MDD route there is always the option for a boy chest or torso from Kakuso. I also got the info here on the forum that that still works with the new MDD body if you do some light modding to the leg openings.

For reference, here are my Shoushou boys, dressed only, I don't have a naked picture at hand right now, haha.

20240608_132958_small.jpg.39c684f49b71334dc8121a3329e47564.jpg.30f1ec1367949028b04b575fe4a36fce.jpg

• Thanks 1