Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sord

Sord's Photos

Sord

Hi, to all reading this! I'm back after a long hiatus and I only have one dollfie now, which is a DDS Nanami. Anyway, I feel like sharing a few photos of her with a pose that I call, "GAWRR!!". Fun Fact: I took inspiration from a couple of vids that I've seen recently that had nothing to do with DD's.

DSCN3322.JPG

DSCN3323.JPG

DSCN3326.JPG

• Like 5

Sord

Nanami watches a real Nail-biter.

DSCN3330.JPG

• Like 3

chupakiba

Oh, those jointed hands are really cool! Awesome photos! 😁

I don't know if I would have the patience to deal with jointed hands, I'd need them to be as natural-looking as possible; and from my experience many years ago with 70cm BJD jointed hands, they always made me want to throw them against the wall. Haha! I hope these are easier to deal with!

• Thanks 1

545972490_Susie2.png.eab8887c0fb432ddafd68b121f442db8.png

Sometimes you're Godzilla and sometimes you're Tokyo.

Sord
16 hours ago, condogenate said:

Oh, those jointed hands are really cool! Awesome photos! 😁

I don't know if I would have the patience to deal with jointed hands, I'd need them to be as natural-looking as possible; and from my experience many years ago with 70cm BJD jointed hands, they always made me want to throw them against the wall. Haha! I hope these are easier to deal with!

Arigato! Yes, they are super easy to move around and they are fragile. I was changing the left hand one time and it broke at the wrist area! So, the left hand can no longer rotate because I had no choice but to super glue it to the wrist. Hopefully, no more damage occurs.  :-ss

chupakiba

Aaaah! That's terrible! I hope it doesn't hinder photography of your dolls too much! 😭 I think something similar happened with those old 70cm hands I was talking about; they really can be very fragile. I think one of the fingers broke off on those.

(It probably shouldn't be funny since your jointed hand broke, but why do I kind of find it funny that your last photo of your doll is doing the same thing as your emoji? 😅)

• Like 1

Sord
9 hours ago, condogenate said:

Aaaah! That's terrible! I hope it doesn't hinder photography of your dolls too much! 😭 I think something similar happened with those old 70cm hands I was talking about; they really can be very fragile. I think one of the fingers broke off on those.

Yeah, It's a slight inconvenience for posing now, but, I still greatly enjoy the articulation. Ouch! A finger broke on that old hand? You must have thrown them in the trash after that, huh?   

9 hours ago, condogenate said:

(It probably shouldn't be funny since your jointed hand broke, but why do I kind of find it funny that your last photo of your doll is doing the same thing as your emoji? 😅)

Funny coincidence. @onion9@

chupakiba

It may have been one reason why I don't deal with jointed hands much anymore. 😄 The fragility and I remember those 70cm hands would just go every which way and not pose the way I wanted them to. I can't even begin to describe how badly they posed; I get one finger in place and try to move another finger, and the first would move out of place. And then, when I thought I was done, it always ended up looking very unnatural. I don't know how well these pose, but I hope much better than that! 😂

• Haha 1

Sord

I thought about the idea of taking Nanami outside for a photo shoot, but then I backpeddled once I thought of the bugs, dirt, and potential grass stains. @onion19@ So, here she is ready to hike indoors. 

DSCN3332.JPG

DSCN3331.JPG

• Like 1

chupakiba
13 hours ago, Sord said:

I thought about the idea of taking Nanami outside for a photo shoot, but then I backpeddled once I thought of the bugs, dirt, and potential grass stains. @onion19@ So, here she is ready to hike indoors. 

When I used to be a young unicellular organism, I would take my dolls outside for some photoshoots, but the weird rednecks in my neck of the woods that would randomly come out and walk by would always give me weird looks so I started reconsidering doing so. Now that I live in a much more highly populated area, that weird uneasiness is making it difficult for me to take photos outside. So that's why I haven't really taken any photos outside myself except for one time, I think. 😓

But she looks really cool! I love her shades and her tie-dyed shorts, they're awesome. 😎

• Like 1

Sord
7 hours ago, condogenate said:

When I used to be a young unicellular organism, I would take my dolls outside for some photoshoots, but the weird rednecks in my neck of the woods that would randomly come out and walk by would always give me weird looks so I started reconsidering doing so. Now that I live in a much more highly populated area, that weird uneasiness is making it difficult for me to take photos outside. So that's why I haven't really taken any photos outside myself except for one time, I think. 😓

Ah, yes. That's another thing that requires courage to overcome when doing outdoor photoshoots.

7 hours ago, condogenate said:

But she looks really cool! I love her shades and her tie-dyed shorts, they're awesome. 😎

Thanks! 

Sord

Nanami: "Pew! What is that smell? Oh no, it's Shrimp Burgers!:sick:"

DSCN3337.JPG

Sord

This photo was actually inspired by two things. First of all, I was thinking of putting her into a Martial Arts pose with Karate chopping hands and that's when I remembered MechaGodzilla with his missile hands, so yeah. Also, that made me want to put her into this outfit as a tribute to MechaG's Space Titanium body, lol. I think it would be cool if there were missile hands for DD's.

DSCN3345.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

chupakiba

Damn, that a damn awesome outfit! I'd love an outfit like that for my Zenon, who has that space-y vibe. I love it! Kinda makes me think of The Matrix. Neo... This is the matrix...

Also, yeah for Mechagodzilla! My favorite was always Kiryu, but the OG Mechagodzilla was awesome too.

• Like 1

Sord
21 hours ago, condogenate said:

Damn, that a damn awesome outfit! I'd love an outfit like that for my Zenon, who has that space-y vibe. I love it! Kinda makes me think of The Matrix. Neo... This is the matrix...

Also, yeah for Mechagodzilla! My favorite was always Kiryu, but the OG Mechagodzilla was awesome too.

Thanks! I bought it on Etsy a while back. But, yeah, Zenon would definitely  rock this outfit. Now you've got me wanting to see a DD in an all-black outfit like what Trinity wears. :classic_biggrin:

The three top MechaG's imo: Kiryu, MechaG from Terror of MechaGodzilla, and the one from Godzilla vs Kong.

chupakiba
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Sord said:

Thanks! I bought it on Etsy a while back. But, yeah, Zenon would definitely  rock this outfit. Now you've got me wanting to see a DD in an all-black outfit like what Trinity wears. :classic_biggrin:

The three top MechaG's imo: Kiryu, MechaG from Terror of MechaGodzilla, and the one from Godzilla vs Kong.

That would be awesome. Be careful of staining, though! I always think badass outfits like that would be awesome on a DD. I've been wanting to try to get someone in punk-ish street wear too, but so far I haven't found pieces in my collection that would make the outfit stand out. Boo.

Tbh, I'm inclined to agree. Though I may put GvK Mechagodzilla second, only because he's controlled by Ghidorah skulls and Ghidorah is the GOAT.

Edited by condogenate
  • Like 1

Sord
21 hours ago, condogenate said:

That would be awesome. Be careful of staining, though! I always think badass outfits like that would be awesome on a DD. I've been wanting to try to get someone in punk-ish street wear too, but so far I haven't found pieces in my collection that would make the outfit stand out. Boo.

Tbh, I'm inclined to agree. Though I may put GvK Mechagodzilla second, only because he's controlled by Ghidorah skulls and Ghidorah is the GOAT.

Hmm...You've given me an idea. Now I'm gonna have to ask in the Q&A section about latex outfits. Ooh, I'd like to see what kind of punk outfit you come up with, so good luck on finding what you need! 

That was an interesting twist to the new MechaG. And yeah, Ghidorah is easily a top villain.    

chupakiba

Heh heh, latex outfits just make me think of b*ndage. Haha. I'm immature. I actually want to try two different styles based off the same concept; one, kind of ragged street wear like someone who's got housing problems would wear, and two, badass street wear that looks a bit gansta-y. I don't know where to find either types of clothing yet though, so I'll probably be looking for a while. :classic_laugh:

The only downside to the GvK Mechagodzilla is that they had to kill Ghidorah to get the skulls to control him. Now Ghidorah is dead. 😭 I miss little Kevin.

• Like 1

Sord

One last pose in this outfit. Here, Nami's snapping her fingers while dancing to "Everywhere You Go" by Scandroid.

DSCN3359.JPG

DSCN3364.JPG

• Like 1