Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

RozenGermain
4 hours ago, CreationOdyssey said:

I know this post is older but just want to point out you might want to relive Maytree as they are part of a recast company and still actively sell recast. 

I thought they distanced themselves from that recast company as I mentioned earlier.... That wasn't true????

CreationOdyssey
12 hours ago, RozenGermain said:

I thought they distanced themselves from that recast company as I mentioned earlier.... That wasn't true????

From my understanding it’s not the just the manufacturer but they manufacture is the creator (of that makes since). An they do still sell that one doll that’s all over Amazon and AliExpress thats a counterfeit of an older bjd.

My mind is blanking on the name but I know one of the now major less expensive bjd companies actually used to only make counterfeits but then turned legit so maybe they’re making that kind of effort?

They are currently not legit (again from my knowledge) that’s why you don’t see them being sold on any legitimate bjd/doll sites, because when they first launched everyone already knew. The concepts for the dolls seem original but I don’t own one and haven’t seen any seasoned bjd collectors grab one to analyze it either, to point out if the entire sculpt is original or a mismash of other dolls.

• Thanks 1

RozenGermain
3 hours ago, PlasticJester said:

Has anyone seen the Inedible Dolls previews on Kikagoods? My vision is poor, so I can't tell if they're inset eyes or not, but they're really cute!

https://www.instagram.com/p/C_LJwpvMRTJ/?igsh=aGJwZ3IwYnJtZ2sz

I think the eyes are painted on. The shading on the whites is clearly cell shaded, which I never see with inset eyes.

PlasticJester

My UFDoll TV Head has officially shipped! I might do a little unboxing when they get here, I'm super excited to see which one I got! I'm hoping for the "Emotion Channel" doll in white, but I'd honestly be happy with any of them.

592108676_DollGroupPixel.png.059a2d02f02ccb8975d8c8461ef7b1cc.png

RozenGermain

I got two blindies yesterday on Kikagoods! One is a pre-opened/guarantee for the blue dog girl from Ten Thousand Escape Plans because she is the angel one and thus my favorite, and the other is unopened and from Simontoys (boy doll line)! I mainly prefer the pre-opened ones when there is only one I really want, otherwise I just try to go for ones I like.

Roserolls

Hey, word of warning for anyone interested in the Ten Thousand Escape Plans series: they have major quality control issues. The doll I got came with 2 right calves, so her legs are completely screwed up and I had to file a return due to product defect immediately. The arms and hands were also EXTREMELY loose and flopped everywhere and her head was too heavy for the body so it kept falling down and pulling the chest piece off the torso. The hair piece didn't want to stay on and the body's plastic felt very light and cheap compared to any of the other blind box bjds I've bought. There are many reviews on Kikagoods that have the exact same problems as mine, so I don't think I just got a bad one, it seems like entire batches have these problems and there's no way of knowing if the one you get has the problems until you open it (I bought mine pre-opened, so returning it after opening wasn't an issue for me, but idk about the policies if you buy an unopened blind box). It's so unfortunate since the designs are SO good, I was really looking forward to them! I hope they can fix these issues and do a re-release or something. I just wanted to warn people to check the return policies if they do buy a blind box because these issues don't seem too uncommon.

20240902_192951.jpg.64646be0133391d5fc057c9775088c7e.jpg

(Also for some reason they have pins in their knees. I don't know why since none of my other dolls have that, and it made the knees really hard to bend)

Edited by Roserolls
  • Like 1
  • Sad 4

DollsnBooks
1 hour ago, Roserolls said:

Hey, word of warning for anyone interested in the Ten Thousand Escape Plans series: they have major quality control issues. The doll I got came with 2 right calves, so her legs are completely screwed up and I had to file a return due to product defect immediately. The arms and hands were also EXTREMELY loose and flopped everywhere and her head was too heavy for the body so it kept falling down and pulling the chest piece off the torso. The hair piece didn't want to stay on and the body's plastic felt very light and cheap compared to any of the other blind box bjds I've bought. There are many reviews on Kikagoods that have the exact same problems as mine, so I don't think I just got a bad one, it seems like entire batches have these problems and there's no way of knowing if the one you get has the problems until you open it (I bought mine pre-opened, so returning it after opening wasn't an issue for me, but idk about the policies if you buy an unopened blind box). It's so unfortunate since the designs are SO good, I was really looking forward to them! I hope they can fix these issues and do a re-release or something. I just wanted to warn people to check the return policies if they do buy a blind box because these issues don't seem too uncommon.

(Also for some reason they have pins in their knees. I don't know why since none of my other dolls have that, and it made the knees really hard to bend)

THANK YOU for the heads up! I had been considering these. I do have UFDoll Lemon Tea (AMAZING) a Liroro girl, and the Wolf Boy from Nagi Exchange Student. Everyone is lovely! I'm especially stunned at the quality and extra parts from UFDoll, but they are all delightful!

Edited by DollsnBooks

PlasticJester

On the bright side, if you don't mind a fixer-upper, a lot of people are now listing 10,000 Escape Plan dolls secondhand for cheap! I managed to nab a body and blank faceplate for about $17 to see what the fuss is about and mess with it.

CreationOdyssey
9 hours ago, Roserolls said:

I do believe kikagoods put up a video on how to restring/fix the doll. A doll artist I follow on instagram fixed theirs and they said it’s good as new now

• Thanks 1

Roserolls
7 hours ago, CreationOdyssey said:

I do believe kikagoods put up a video on how to restring/fix the doll. A doll artist I follow on instagram fixed theirs and they said it’s good as new now

That's good to know for the loose stringing issue! I wish that was the only problem with mine, but I don't think anything can be done with the wrong leg issue unfortunately :(

8 hours ago, PlasticJester said:

On the bright side, if you don't mind a fixer-upper, a lot of people are now listing 10,000 Escape Plan dolls secondhand for cheap! I managed to nab a body and blank faceplate for about $17 to see what the fuss is about and mess with it.

Ooh where did you get it? I'd love to give them another shot for cheap and restring one (assuming that the body parts themselves aren't wrong lol)

PlasticJester
2 hours ago, Roserolls said:

Ooh where did you get it? I'd love to give them another shot for cheap and restring one (assuming that the body parts themselves aren't wrong lol)

I nabbed mine from Mercari!

• Like 2

RozenGermain
12 hours ago, CreationOdyssey said:

Is it on Youtube or something?

CreationOdyssey
4 hours ago, Roserolls said:

That's good to know for the loose stringing issue! I wish that was the only problem with mine, but I don't think anything can be done with the wrong leg issue unfortunately :(

OH!! I’m so sorry I didn’t even realize 🫠🫠

• Like 1

CreationOdyssey
6 minutes ago, RozenGermain said:

Is it on Youtube or something?

On their instagram I think, I don’t shop with them just saw someone else point it out

RozenGermain
On 9/3/2024 at 9:53 PM, Roserolls said:

Someone on r/BJD as well as Maleficent's Tumblr (known BJD enthusiast I've seen on DoA) has had some PSAs on the quality control on these dolls.... Apparently some of them had bugs (alive, dead, and eggs) in the packaging or something? Good god I was stupid lucky with mine, she had a few issues, but nothing this bad (I think it's cause she was pre-opened and I knew what I was getting)!

• Sad 2

CreationOdyssey

So I have this girlie finally coming my way next month, was wondering if anyone else has these girls and if so do you think they could fit disney ily 4ever doll clothes? 

IMG_8406.jpeg

PlasticJester

I received my UFDoll TV Head!!!! I got the 'Cooking Channel', and she is so big and cute! I named her Choco :) honestly might go back for the 'Emotion Channel' doll in white too, since I love it so much. Swapping out her hands and feet and head parts is super easy, which I was a bit worried about.

• Like 4

CreationOdyssey

So excited for these cuties!! The series/brand is “Welcome Girls” definitely grabbing the cute little blonde girlie! 

IMG_8414.jpeg

IMG_8411.jpeg

• Like 6

Roserolls

20240919_190621.jpg.e233e62981ac405871ab6bb96dcc6b8e.jpg

YAYYY my Chinese Festival blind box bjd came in! This is one of the few times I ordered a box completely blind because I truly couldn't decide which ones I liked best, and I got the Mid-Autumn Festival (my fave Chinese festival and oh so timely)! I saw some posts on reddit about quality control issues with this series as well, but I think it was only for the blank bodies (some people reported stains and marks on them). She's so cute!

I was afraid at first that she had a scratch on her cheek when I unboxed her, but since there was the same line on the other cheek and they both extended to where her head ends, I think it was just a seam from the way they made the head.

Her sculpted hair looks great and stays on impressively well! I added a bit of white tack it so that her bangs would stay lower on her forehead, and it won't budge at all! Even before adding the putty, it stayed on her head completely, it just shifted up and down a little bit.

I was hoping that the body would be a compatible skin tone with my 1/6 Tinyfox, but alas my Tinyfox is virtually paper white compared to it. It would've been nice to have such a cute, cheap body alternative though.

• Like 8

Ayrell

She's adorable, congratulations! Love the warm colour of her outfit. 💛

• Like 3

Bramble

For some reason it didn't occur to me to check if the UFDolls were vinyl! I got one of the DoReMi blind boxes about a month ago on a whim, was hoping for Fa but received Re and am still pretty happy with her as my first bjd.

spacer.png

I may just have to roll the dice on this batch again sometime because Fa is just too cute...!

• Like 3

RozenGermain

I have to say, I've only collected a couple of the blind box dolls, and only one full box set too honestly... But the bugs happened to be my favorite (bug furry being why), even if I was only ever to get one of em. On Kikagoods they're only pre-unboxed right now, and it was that way back when I got my bug, and Akim happened to be the only one available back then. At the time, I had the assumption that lots of other people did that the Kukaka bug dolls were all girls, and that Akim was a tomboy due to having a somewhat more masculine appearance compared to the other characters. It wasn't until a r/BJD post tipped me off and a subsequent trip to Kikagoods and re-reading the translated profiles that I learned that Akim was actually a boy. I thought he was a girl like the rest of them lol!