Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

PlasticJester

Shoujo Model Kits

PlasticJester

I don't know what else to call these, but lately I've been obsessed with the kind of model kit that makes cute anime girl action figures. Megami Device, Frame Arm Girls, and 30 Minute Sisters are some of the ones I know of, though I'm sure there's more out there!

Lately I've been OBSESSED with 30 Minute Sisters. They're a nice price point, good for beginners (I've assembled a few model kits in the past, but don't have tools like hobby glue or nippers), and don't require painting to look good. Plus, they're modular, so it's almost like having lego kits you can use to make more and more wacky things the more sets you have! Right now I have Option Set 3 and four 30MS figures. I've scrambled together some of the parts, so they're not exactly how they are out of box, plus I've been in the process of adding a bit of paint to accentuate their details.

Zw5DWJa.jpeg

From left to right, figure name (my name for them): Rishetta (Lorelei), Laranel (Cassidy), Ilshana (Renee), and Luluce (Monica).

• Like 2

592108676_DollGroupPixel.png.059a2d02f02ccb8975d8c8461ef7b1cc.png

PolitelyNefarious
Posted (edited)

I'm surprised we don't see these more often here. Their predecessors, Busou Shinki, were one of my 'gateway drugs' into vinyl before I could afford Dollfie or Smart Doll. With their high posability and pre-printed anime aesthetic, they're a nice option. Granted, the Shinkies' hip hinges are unfortunately fragile as they age, and I don't know how well these hold up, being kits, but they have so much personality and customizability, it's hard to resist them. They are a product that truly lives up to the aesthetic and action posture boasted on the box.

Your girls are wonderful! Laranel's and Ilshana's attitudes are a nice contrast to Reshetta's and Luluce's milder expressions.

Edited by PolitelyNefarious
  • Like 1

1541664063_324SigUpdate(1).jpg.0e6f96def94bd21c61f91356e0bc8f92.jpg 855019605_DeletelaterSmol.jpg.136e5d245c2328488f8736543aceb78d.jpg

battrastard

I've built a few of them, too. 

Being from BanDai, they go together much like Gundams do. And having the modular (3mm is becoming a standard, for accessories, I'm guessing?) 

peg holes makes it fun getting other pieces attached! 

I've built the Megami Device girls, too, but not the Frame Arms Girls. Too much Fanservice-y for my tastes. Kotobukyia has an extremely wonky wrist setup. 

I'll try to get some pictures up soon. 

• Like 1

"Madness takes it's toll, Please have exact change!"

PlasticJester

3mm is becoming standard, I think! I've seen on Booth some people making cute accessories to fit 3mm holes, like little stars. I've love to build a Megami Device girl, but they're a biiit outside my price range at the moment. Though I do have a hip set from them I won in a blind box at a con, so I will have to get one eventually.

Kissamaagi
Posted (edited)

I've been eyeing Sousai Shoujo Teien a lot, they are cute schoolgirls with changeable hairstyles. I'm not super big on the mecha aesthetic though I've built some valvrave kits before since I really liked the trainwreck of an anime. But luckily there's also shoujo model kits with less mecha aesthetic, others I like are also Chitocerium and Arcanadea. Both have nice more fantasy inspired girls, Chitocerium character designs are done by huke so they are a real treat for the eyes.

Edited by Kissamaagi
Got some iconic artists mixed up

PlasticJester

I've been eyeing some of the Chitocerium girls, I love how space-efficient the designs are! I love mecha but tbh I wish there were more fantasy and everyday kits as well. Sousai Shoujo Teien is one I've seen before but couldn't remember the name of, so thanks for the reminder!

Tasuke

I Have a Few Myself~

Ritsuka_Saeki_Dreaming_Style_KOTOBUKIYA_

Spoiler

Mano_Sakuragi_BANDAI_30_Mins._Sis_2-2-24

Spoiler

Mano_Sakuragi_BANDAI_30_Mins._Sis_2-2-24

Mano_Sakuragi_BANDAI_30_Mins._Sis_2-8-24

Ichigeki_Sacchu!_HoiHoi-san_KOTOBUKIYA_A

Spoiler

Ichigeki_Sacchu!_HoiHoi-san_KOTOBUKIYA_A

HoiHoi_Family_-_11-28-21_RESIZE_30.jpg?w

• Like 1

2020164095_ANightatKonomi12-18-23550px.Horizont..png.35eaba54e8b03fbe6a7f7cd252209e94.png

Ayrell

Oh, I didn't know about these! I like miniature building kits (Rolife Super Creator by Robotime is great, since no glue is needed, it's assembled like Legos), and with these you get a cute doll at the end, so they should be right up my alley. Research time! 👀

Giallo_Gatta

I don’t own any, no, but I do occasionally stray from the Dollfie section of the Volks site to look at the VLOCKer’s kits, which have a line like this.

grimmgle

i love plastic model kits ^_^ its so nice seeing them discussed here! most of my kits are girlpla as well, though i dont have any 30MS. i have a few megami device, frame arms girls, nuke matrix, chitocerium, arcanadea, as well as some hoihoi-san kits ! i've yet to customize any of mine but i love seeing people's customs :] !

2 hours ago, Ayrell said:

Oh, I didn't know about these! I like miniature building kits (Rolife Super Creator by Robotime is great, since no glue is needed, it's assembled like Legos), and with these you get a cute doll at the end, so they should be right up my alley. Research time! 👀

i've built quite a lot of kits (not just girl kits) & have helped friends who are new to the hobby ^_^ if you have any questions or concerns i'd love to help if possible, plastic model kits are a huge interest of mine + what led me to be more into dolls

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

karvoo

I have always enjoyed putting together kits for things like lego models etc for my niece but to have cute anime gals? sign me up, I might have to order some this next check. Any recommended site you been ordering them from?

PlasticJester
13 hours ago, karvoo said:

I have always enjoyed putting together kits for things like lego models etc for my niece but to have cute anime gals? sign me up, I might have to order some this next check. Any recommended site you been ordering them from?

Idk if you're from the USA, but I personally get mine through Hobbytown. However, I think they're also on Hobbysearch? Bandai's webstore also has the 30MS, and I'm sure Kotobukiya's store stocks their own girlpla brands.

• Like 1

karvoo
58 minutes ago, PlasticJester said:

Idk if you're from the USA, but I personally get mine through Hobbytown. However, I think they're also on Hobbysearch? Bandai's webstore also has the 30MS, and I'm sure Kotobukiya's store stocks their own girlpla brands.

Yea I am in the US! I think the Hobby USA && such stores near me all closed so I will look online :3 TY!

battrastard

If you have a larger Ace Hardware near you, some do sell Gundams. That's where I've been getting my 30MS. 

Otherwise, I'll search Amiami for Megami Device. I do recall they have Frame Arms Girls, too. Try their Pre-Owned section. 

Rick

sgodpal
20 hours ago, karvoo said:

i like to get mine preowned off of amiami, sometimes i browse surugaya too (specifically when they're doing free shipping), but for online US stores there's also USA Gundam & Gundam Planet

• Like 1

BeyondTime
7 hours ago, battrastard said:

If you have a larger Ace Hardware near you, some do sell Gundams.

Because giant humanoid space robots are what you think of when you think of Ace Hardware. 🤔

• Haha 2

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

karvoo
2 hours ago, battrastard said:

If you have a larger Ace Hardware near you, some do sell Gundams. That's where I've been getting my 30MS. 

Otherwise, I'll search Amiami for Megami Device. I do recall they have Frame Arms Girls, too. Try their Pre-Owned section. 

Rick

Thats friggin news to me lol i guess i never explore the whole place

• Like 1

battrastard
20 hours ago, karvoo said:

Thats friggin news to me lol i guess i never explore the whole place

I do know that the Main Ace here in Tucson does sell them, although their Model Kits, Trains and accessories and RC stuff was walled off from the main store. 

It's still Ace-related, though. A few other stores here sell mostly "traditional" model kits and RC stuff. 

Just did an online search thru their website, and found nothing Gundam related, so maybe Tucson is just odd.