Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

plushmonstrosity

Hello! I'm Plush :)

plushmonstrosity

I found this site while researching what materials I could use to wipe a faceup on a vinyl head. I am hoping to learn more about vinyl dolls, especially dollfie dreams.

I love dolls and collect lots of different kinds. Dolls with mechanical joints are super cool, and my mini dollfie dream holds poses so well. I would love to get another dollfie dream in the future, or at least a body for my ddh10.

Any tips on posting, editing, taking pictures, cleaning, etc would be very appreciated!

• Like 8

roro_robot

Welcome! You will find lots of great information here @onion20@

Xiongmao

Welcome to the forum. I have an extensive family of vinyl dolls, although we also have one resin.

For photos I have a popup photobooth with coloured mood lighting (see below). It's too small for full sized DD but the MDD can stand up in it. I also have a couple of nice cameras but I use my basic phone quite a lot. If the lighting is good they can take amazing photos too.

The mini studio lights you can buy are also really useful. The best thing about them is they really make their eyes come alive.

spacer.png

• Like 1

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

Rajke

Welcome,

Dollfie’s are great. Hope you will share some photos of your MDD and other dolls.

There is a lot of information here on the forums regarding the advices that you are asking for. With photographing I think practice is key. I don’t see myself as a good example for how a good photo should look like.

The photography guide made by Orchid Dolls would be a good one to have at hand. It contains detailed and easy to follow steps.

Most importantly is to enjoy photographing. Then you automatically get results that makes you happy. 😉

IMG_8533.jpeg.3e140960aa4251c51565c7944e944267.jpeg

• Haha 1

Greetz, 

Rajke

chupakiba

I can't offer much in the way of actual photography techniques, because I don't consider myself well-versed in those, but I do suggest an image-editing program. I use Adobe Photoshop which I fortunately get free through my university (oh, how I wish that would last), but I've heard something like GIMP is a comparable, but free program. Learn your way around whichever program you choose—cropping and coloring techniques are good start—and they'll go a long way in improving your photos.

1951262810_Kyo1.png.acf2cbe7324928de79a669a246074ce2.png

Life is a series of decisions. You never have unlimited options, or unlimited time to think, but what you choose in that instant defines who you are.