Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Ayrell

Hi everyone!

Ayrell

Hi, hi!

My name is Ayrell, I'm in my late thirties, and I love dolls, toys and miniatures. I also like reading about the stories behind the different companies and learning about the industry in general. Even if I'm not personally interested in a specific brand's dolls, I will probably still like to know more about them and see pictures.

I haven't been collecting dolls for terribly long, and my collection is pretty small (used to be slightly bigger, but I've been downsizing to only keep the dolls that I really bond with and love), but I've been looking for a community to share my love of the hobby. Social media isn't really doing it for me (my age is showing!) and I did miss the forum experience, so here I am!

For my dolls, I prefer smaller sizes, such as 1/6 and 1/12, and I love reading about the personalities other collectors develop for their dolls, as well as photo stories.

Not counting the dolls I currently have for sale and small blind-box type dolls, my collection is now comprised of:

- Iori (Imomodoll Toppa)

- Mint (SugarCups Biscuitina Star Sprinkles)

- Anne (Petworks Ruruko)

- Aura (custom/OOAK Blythe)

- Ceres (Fairyland Coco [not vynil, but she's so cute!])

I've been struggling to learn to pose my dolls and photograph them, so hopefully I can pick up some tips from here. Looking forward to getting to know you all and your dolls! :)

• Like 8

mmmuguet

Welcome! I feel similarly to you, I still love to look at and read into brand's dolls even when I'm not really interested in owning them myself - I just like knowing what's out there and seeing how creatively people style their lil families (⸝⸝⸝´꒳`⸝⸝⸝)

Your crew sounds adorable, when you unlock photo privileges I can't wait to see some snaps!  I've looked into the SugarCups a lot because they're SO stinkin' cute 😭.  I've never had Blythes, but I do have some older Pullips/Taeyangs/Dals and Kikipops in other parts of the house from when I was in different phases of my doll collections~

• Like 1

spacer.png

୨୧ Iskander tinyfox little anna • Bishop tinyfox lilith • Lariat tinyfox 06S • Crocus tinyfox asmoti • Cedar tinyfox nomi • Copernicus tinyfox murphy • Hyacinthe tinyfox c-16 • Salem tinyfox little ashley Arlo tinyfox raya • Clary tinyfox li chun • Wren tinyfox lizzy • Drosera tinyfox fluffy • Narcisse tinyfox d-01Robin mdd ddh-01 • Otto mdd ddh-01 • Yuliy mdd ddh-01 • Chino obitsu 50-04 • Eden obitsu 50-04 • Vivian azone fururu tan ୨୧

Rajke

Welcome

You have a nice collection already and there is nothing wrong with letting dolls go when it doesn’t work out. You will notice that the amount of tastes in dolls is very diverse on this forum and that a lot of us also have a few Resin BJD’s too.

Feel free to share your photo’s of your doll family. 

• Like 1

Greetz, 

Rajke

Ayrell

Thank you both for the warm welcome! :)

I've been enjoying reading the forum and I have also posted a couple of pictures of my Imomodoll Toppa at the Imomodoll thread. :) Hope you like them!

chupakiba
On 7/24/2024 at 3:54 AM, Ayrell said:

Social media isn't really doing it for me (my age is showing!) and I did miss the forum experience, so here I am!

My old age may be showing as well (hobbles around on a cane like an old lady—wait, I do that anyway), but I feel very much the same. I miss forums as well, and I feel like social media is the bane of our existence. Besides, I miss when you had to search for things online, and everything wasn't aggregated into one place.

Myself, I tend to like larger dolls, so I mostly have Volks 1/3 DDs in my collection, but I do have two that are on 1/4 Imomodoll bodies. I know, not quite 1/6 and 1/12, but hopefully close enough!

On 7/25/2024 at 6:10 AM, Ayrell said:

I've been enjoying reading the forum and I have also posted a couple of pictures of my Imomodoll Toppa at the Imomodoll thread. :) Hope you like them!

I've just added my own doll to that thread, I hope she's okay too despite not being tiny-size!

• Like 1

1951262810_Kyo1.png.acf2cbe7324928de79a669a246074ce2.png

Life is a series of decisions. You never have unlimited options, or unlimited time to think, but what you choose in that instant defines who you are.

Ayrell
On 7/26/2024 at 11:12 AM, condogenate said:

My old age may be showing as well (hobbles around on a cane like an old lady—wait, I do that anyway), but I feel very much the same. I miss forums as well, and I feel like social media is the bane of our existence. Besides, I miss when you had to search for things online, and everything wasn't aggregated into one place.

Thank you for the welcome! I completely agree!

I admit I haven't really been able to manipulate any larger dolls; who knows, maybe if I saw one, I'd be addicted to those as well. 😂

On 7/26/2024 at 11:12 AM, condogenate said:

I've just added my own doll to that thread, I hope she's okay too despite not being tiny-size!

Oh, she's so cute and spunky! Going to leave a comment there. 😄