Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

grimmgle

Introduction!

grimmgle

Hello! I'm Cirsium [he/him & she/her]. I'm 24 and I've recently gotten into dolls despite having an interest for my whole life :-)

Prior to collecting dolls, I've mainly collected figures & plastic models (<-- still a huge interest of mine ^_^, I especially love girlpla kits. I have a lot of them)

I'm also an artist and have a big interest in customizing dolls, so I hope to start that soon (though it certainly is something I'm nervous about LOL)! I love looking at other people's faceups though :-] I just think the process as a whole is so neat

I mostly have an interest in 1/6 & 1/12 dolls (though I adore looking at the bigger scales). My current collection is small, I have two 1/6 Azone fashion dolls & six 1/12 BJDs I got from blindboxes. Though, I have some TinyFox dolls ordered that should be here near the end of the year/early next year ^_^

I love seeing people taking their dolls out to places, like cafes or the beach, and I hope to do the same because I just think it's very cute and charming :-]

Very excited to be more into the doll collector community, as I have mostly just lurked so far! 

• Like 6

kurimu

Welcome! Figures and plastic models definitely seem to have overlapping interests with dolls! I started off as a figure collector, but like you was interested in art and customizations which led to my further interest in dolls. It can certainly be nerve-wracking to customize a doll, but there are a lot of great tips here to help out if you ever have questions.

There are also a lot of great customs here to browse! I love looking at them as well ^.^

I hope you can share some pictures of your dolls out and about if you do take them anywhere with you in the future >.<

sig.png

Giallo_Gatta

Welcome! Don't worry, there's a ton of great inspiration and advice waiting fir you here on the forum!

Xiongmao

Welcome to the forum.

My tribe live next to the sea, so we often go there. Well on the 3-4 days a year when there's no wind blowing.

Could you imagine the anguish if Shin Sato's hat had blown into the river?

I do also have an unknown number of Azone character and fashion dolls. There's talk of making a group photo like we did with the big girls. Only about half are unboxed... now that's hoarding 😵.

spacer.png

• Like 1

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

grimmgle
Posted (edited)

ty so much for the warm welcomes everyone ^_^ everyones dolls are so cute ! makes me even more excited to get more :-]

Edited by grimmgle

howasaur
On 7/24/2024 at 11:55 AM, grimmgle said:

I've mainly collected figures & plastic models

I see from your PFP that you're a Gundam fan. Do you collect Gunpla and what's your favorite from your collection? 

grimmgle

@howasaur i do collect gunpla ! ironically i actually got into gunpla AFTER getting into plastic models in general but i like gundam a lot :] i really do like the witch from mercury kits (waiting on RG versions for aerial + calibarn orz (PLEASE BANDAI)) . i do have HG gwitch kits though (both of guel's mechs) but probably my favorite i gunpla kits i have are my RG seed ones (freedom + justice) . i do prefer RG to HG (have never build the bigger scales before (yet)) . not gunpla but gundam kits but i do have the figurerise kits for Miorine + Suletta from gwitch (want to get the Chuchu + Nika + Suletta's normal uniform) + Lacus from seed . i do love mechs in general and would love to branch out to more mecha kits besides gundam (would love to do the RG evangelion kits but those are so hard to find for a good price T_T)

did not expect a gunpla/plamo overlap on here tbh but its a pleasant surprise :] do you collect any plamo/gunpla ?

howasaur

I do collect, but I have a lot of gunpla I need to build lol. Pretty much all of them (regardless of built/unbuilt) are in the boxes right now since I'm not sure how I want to display them.

I'm still early in UC (I'm halfway through Z) and watched newer series (Thunderbolt and WfM), so I try to limit my Gunpla purchases to the mechs I know. I'll make it to Gundam Seed eventually.

Mostly random HGs (RX, GM, WfM Aerial and Calibarn, etc), some RGs I got cheap (Sazabi), some Haro-pla (I really want the pink one but havent been able to track it down at "retail" price), and some MGs I splurged on (GM Sniper bc I played that in the Gundam FPS game and the clear color Aegis Gundam that I bought from Gundam Base when I was in Japan).

I do have the figurerise Suletta but I've heard its not the greatest build experience, how was it for you?

grimmgle

@howasaur oh yeah my backlog is huge LOL i just recently have been getting back into building my kits so i can justify getting into garage kits . i havent actually made my figurerise kits yet >_< theyre probably next on my backlog though once i finish my current kit (daribalde from gwitch) the eye decals intimidate me... im used to girlpla kits where all the faces are preprinted/painted

i actually got into gunpla before i started watching gundam so i have a few mechs from series i havent watched (wing, iron blooded orphans, 00).

i do prefer girlpla kits though just because they're more fun for me + i like making cute girls so my backlog is mostly girl kits . i think in terms of gundam i have the kit im working on + an SD aerial i got

howasaur
9 hours ago, grimmgle said:

heyre probably next on my backlog though once i finish my current kit (daribalde from gwitch) the eye decals intimidate me

I feel the pain. A nice pair of tweezers and a steady hand help. If you're worried, I found that lightly setting it on and checking helps if you want to glently peel it back off before trying again.

9 hours ago, grimmgle said:

i do prefer girlpla kits though just because they're more fun for me + i like making cute girls so my backlog is mostly girl kits

Every time I see girlpla kits, I feel like I should buy gunpla instead because I prefer to collect anime figures. My figurise will be my first go at it so I hope it goes well! I definitely will enjoy the fact that the face is preprinted for me haha.