Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
MrsHaitani

Any Tokyo Revengers fans here?

MrsHaitani

Since the doll and anime community have such a huge overlap (for obvious reasons), I’m wondering if anyone here happens to be a fan of Tokyo Revengers. 👀 

If you saw my intro post and have looked at my profile, you can probably figure out who the doll I’ve been yapping about is going to be. But for those who don’t, I’m just gonna come out and say it. It’s Ran Haitani. 🤭 I got into TR back in January, and the hyperfixation I developed on the Haitani brothers is BAD. It’s another one of those things that sorta just… completely took over my life, so Ran was honestly the obvious choice when it came to who to get a doll of (there is a character from another series that I’m just as obsessed with, but I worried he wouldn’t fit the DD style as well as Ran). I probably don’t need to say how excited I am since I’ve made that very clear in my other posts, but I have been wondering if there are any other TR fans here. Especially since I don’t think I’ve ever seen any other dolls of it aside from the Harmonia humming Mikey, the nendoroid dolls and a custom BJD

I’m honestly afraid of how this is gonna turn out, because there’s a good chance that after I get Ran, I’m gonna feel like I need Rindou too. And man would that be expensive… Someone get me outta here before it’s too late.

• Like 1

ButterBiscuits

Oh! I'm a fan of Tokyo Revenges!

I had a blast watching and reading a bit ahead when it was first coming out as an anime. Personally, my favorite character is Chifuyu! 

But ahh, I'm super excited to see Ran!! Especially since since I usually just see Mikey in doll form. The Harmonia humming and I think there's a doll of him from Dolk too?

• Like 1

MrsHaitani
4 minutes ago, ButterBiscuits said:

Oh! I'm a fan of Tokyo Revenges!

I had a blast watching and reading a bit ahead when it was first coming out as an anime. Personally, my favorite character is Chifuyu! 

But ahh, I'm super excited to see Ran!! Especially since since I usually just see Mikey in doll form. The Harmonia humming and I think there's a doll of him from Dolk too?

Omg yay! The series isn’t nearly as popular as it was a few years ago (aside from in Japan. I hear it’s still going strong there) so finding other fans is rarer nowadays. 😔 But I’m super glad to see people still like it! I can’t wait for the new season that got announced recently omg. 

I’M SO EXCITED TOO! I did some digging and TR dolls (even customs) are crazy rare. Aside from Mikey though I did manage to find pics of the Bonten trio + pre-timeskip Rindou which was cool. Personally mine is gonna be Tenjiku Ran. The artist gave me a digital sketch of how his face will look and it looks so accurate to the anime, I can’t wait. 🥹 I’m glad there’s someone here who will actually know who he is hehe.

• Like 1

ButterBiscuits

It definitely is hard to find fellow fans nowadays. Luckily, some of my coworkers seemed to enjoy it so I at least had someone to listen to me ramble on about when I just got into it. I'm also glad to see someone else who is a fan because it seriously has been awhile since I've seen anybody mention anything about TR! I'm so happy for you and how Ran is going so far!!

I'm super excited about the new season announced!! I should add rewatching TR to my anime watchlist to get a refresher on everything. 

I should also do research on custom TR dolls and see what I can find too! I'm always so enamored by people's custom dolls of their favorite characters! I just think it's so cool and I could scroll looking at them for hours!

@onion26@

• Like 1

MrsHaitani
55 minutes ago, ButterBiscuits said:

It definitely is hard to find fellow fans nowadays. Luckily, some of my coworkers seemed to enjoy it so I at least had someone to listen to me ramble on about when I just got into it. I'm also glad to see someone else who is a fan because it seriously has been awhile since I've seen anybody mention anything about TR! I'm so happy for you and how Ran is going so far!!

I'm super excited about the new season announced!! I should add rewatching TR to my anime watchlist to get a refresher on everything. 

I should also do research on custom TR dolls and see what I can find too! I'm always so enamored by people's custom dolls of their favorite characters! I just think it's so cool and I could scroll looking at them for hours!

@onion26@

I ended up having my brother and a few friends watch it with me bc I needed someone to yap to- For awhile I was just screaming into the void on Twitter and no one knew what I was talking about bc all my mutuals were from the JJBA fandom. 😭 I definitely plan on rewatching it though. I first got into it in January like I mentioned, so it hasn’t been THAT long since I watched it. But I’m getting that itch again already. 🤭 Especially wanna see the Tenjiku arc again cuz that’s by far my favorite. 

And I absolutely agree! It’s nice having dolls of original characters, but there’s just something so special about having one of your favorite character. Just thinking about it makes me excited hehe. I wonder if trying to search Japanese terms would bring up more results than what I found. 🤔 I just did a basic search, but I’d imagine there’s a lot more than what I found considering TR’s popularity in Japan. It’s kinda neat knowing I’ll have something a bit more unique though. I haven’t seen any other pre-Bonten Ran’s aside from a custom nendoroid doll. 

• Like 1

ButterBiscuits
10 hours ago, MrsHaitani said:

I ended up having my brother and a few friends watch it with me bc I needed someone to yap to- For awhile I was just screaming into the void on Twitter and no one knew what I was talking about bc all my mutuals were from the JJBA fandom. 😭 I definitely plan on rewatching it though. I first got into it in January like I mentioned, so it hasn’t been THAT long since I watched it. But I’m getting that itch again already. 🤭 Especially wanna see the Tenjiku arc again cuz that’s by far my favorite. 

And I absolutely agree! It’s nice having dolls of original characters, but there’s just something so special about having one of your favorite character. Just thinking about it makes me excited hehe. I wonder if trying to search Japanese terms would bring up more results than what I found. 🤔 I just did a basic search, but I’d imagine there’s a lot more than what I found considering TR’s popularity in Japan. It’s kinda neat knowing I’ll have something a bit more unique though. I haven’t seen any other pre-Bonten Ran’s aside from a custom nendoroid doll. 

The Tenjiku arc is really good and probably my favorite too! It definitely kept me at the edge of my seat and gave me a whole rollercoaster of emotions when I read it for the first time. Oh, and the ending??? I'm not joking when I say that my jaw literally dropped lol.

I would assume that using Japanese terms would bring some luck because of its popularity, like you said. I'll have to make time to go fight with my various search engines in hopes that I'll find something because technology is a hater towards me specifically. 🤣

I bet it is a neat feeling since you'd truly have a one of a kind doll just for you of your favorite character! Also a doll of pre-Bonten Ran is peak.👌