Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Squeek

Greetings and Salutations

Squeek

I'm always befuddled as to how to start talking about myself, but this is perhaps as good a first post as any, so let's just give it a go.

I'm formerly of the resin BJD crowd and tried out Vinyl for the first time not long ago. Albeit I have to admit, the staining scared me off pretty hard and now I have no Vinyl. Do regret that, maybe I could have made it work, but I have also found that I do prefer smaller dolls and he was a DDB. Which is why I am giving Tinyfox a go with their 1/6 line, and I am pretty excited about that being the newest chapter in my doll journey.

I'm really not a collector though. I love spoiling one, sometimes two, dolls at a time, and that always feels like being an outlier in these hobbies. 😅

But I am pleased to be here, I do miss the days of Forums and thank you for having me.

• Like 7

sgodpal

Hi ^_^ I have also started my vinyl doll journey with a 1/6 TinyFox! Which one did you pick out?

I think having only a handful of dolls to focus on/spoil is a really nice way to enjoy the hobby (•: I'm still pretty new myself, so I dunno how my own collection will go going forward to be honest (though if my model kit hobby is anything to go off of, I do tend to get overzealous at times lol), but I am appreciative of small "collections"! To me that seems like such a special way to really bond with your  dolls and really give them everything you can ^.^

Also I like your polynian pfp (•:

• Like 1

mmmuguet

Welcome!  Tinyfoxes are so cute, they're a great choice for a 1/6 dip back into this side of the doll pond 💛

If you haven't already, I highly recommend getting one of the stain protection suits for them if you're nervous about color transfer and plan on buying clothes in dark or bright colors; though they're advertising the new bodies as having higher stain resistance, nobody has any real experience on that long term yet, and you can't remove stains from the Tinyfox bodies like you would with vinyl.

spacer.png

୨୧ Iskander tinyfox little anna • Bishop tinyfox lilith • Lariat tinyfox 06S • Crocus tinyfox asmoti • Cedar tinyfox nomi • Copernicus tinyfox murphy • Hyacinthe tinyfox c-16 • Salem tinyfox little ashley Arlo tinyfox raya • Clary tinyfox li chun • Wren tinyfox lizzy • Drosera tinyfox fluffy • Narcisse tinyfox d-01Robin mdd ddh-01 • Otto mdd ddh-01 • Yuliy mdd ddh-01 • Chino obitsu 50-04 • Eden obitsu 50-04 • Vivian azone fururu tan ୨୧

Squeek

@sgodpal I fell in love with Poison, those little fangs and how mischievous they look is a delight.

I've already started to buy stuff for them. I just really hope I'm not jumping the gun. I can be super fickle and think I get more hyped about the wait than the arrival. 😅 Time will tell though. So much time though.

And thanks! I was very happy to have finally nabbed a Shamrock this past order period.

@mmmuguet I've tried 1/3 Dolls and they're just not for me. Even worse is that I only go for boy dolls, and they tend to be so huge they barely qualify for 1/3 a lot of the time, I think. I still have one 1/6th resin doll, but they're in pretty bad shape and pretty modified, so I don't know if they qualify. But I do love a doll I can more easily pack up and go out with (even if I tend to be frightened to do so, but at least the option is there!).

I think I might have to invest in a stain protection suit, even though I am not a fan of how they look. Always feel it's a shame to cover up aspects of the doll design. Plus they add bulk to the doll that sometimes looks pretty off. It's the age old practicality vs aesthetics!

I am hoping though to dress my little one in pastels, so perhaps it won't be too much of an issue...

• Like 1

Xiongmao
Posted (edited)

Welcome. I adore my 1/3 scale (and MDD)... at this scale they feel so real.

Most of my staining issues have been with Volks outfits. Miku's worn this dollremi outfit for a while now and there have been no issues with staining (it's mostly white of course though). There are plenty of outfits like these that are unlikely to stain. I can't think that any of our MDD outfits have ever stained anyone either.

Usually it's the Volks character model outfits that are stain monsters (like Tsukihime Ciel's outfit).

spacer.png

Edited by Xiongmao
  • Like 2

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

bandycam

Man, because of your introduction I actually got around to looking up TinyFox and now I want them all. (I'm doomed. I showed them to my roommates who also want them now lol.)

Welcome to the site <33 What little one did you order?

• Like 1

Squeek
5 hours ago, bandycam said:

Man, because of your introduction I actually got around to looking up TinyFox and now I want them all. (I'm doomed. I showed them to my roommates who also want them now lol.)

Welcome to the site <33 What little one did you order?

The Tinyfox infection spreads! Welcome them into your hearts! 🤣

Thank you for the welcome! I ordered Poison. They look so cute and mischievous. Only three months (and then some) left to wait. 😭