The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

macaronron

finally decided to stop lurking =͟͟͞͞(꒪ᗜ꒪‧̣̥̇)

macaronron

Heyo, finally worked up the courage to post on here! I currently only have one doll (TinyFox Murphy) but I've just pre-ordered TinyFox's Lucy and I cannot wait for her to arrive!

I'm pretty new to this hobby, but I've spent years looking at BJDs online and I'm pretty excited to finally own one myself. I'm most interested in amassing huge wardrobes for my dolls - the clothing designers in the BJD community are just incredible, and I'm hoping to join them in the near future. I've never made doll clothes before, but I suddenly got a huge wave of inspiration and I'm already drafting up clothing patterns, lol. I really want to try my hand at everything I can - wig styling, face-ups, photography, etc.

Looking forward to sharing my BJD journey with all of you!

• Like 6

grimmgle

nice to meet you ^_^ my first MJD(s) are also TinyFox dolls (supposed to arrive late this year/early next year ^.^ i got Tilly + Dopey) i also have an interest in making doll clothes (i've made a dress for myself before so i have some experience, though not on the scale of dolls) + want to try out everything :] i hope you enjoy the hobby, it's been very welcoming + fun even before I've gotten my dolls

macaronron
6 minutes ago, grimmgle said:

nice to meet you ^_^ my first MJD(s) are also TinyFox dolls (supposed to arrive late this year/early next year ^.^ i got Tilly + Dopey) i also have an interest in making doll clothes (i've made a dress for myself before so i have some experience, though not on the scale of dolls) + want to try out everything :] i hope you enjoy the hobby, it's been very welcoming + fun even before I've gotten my dolls

it's great to meet another beginner doll fashion designer! hope any clothes you make in the future turn out well, I'd be super interested in seeing how they go! 

I've definitely found the hobby fun so far, I don't have any props or extra clothes just yet but even just having a doll around has been awesome. I hope yours arrive as soon as they can!

sgodpal

Murphy is one of my fave Tinyfox dolls, and Tinyfox is also what really awoke my desire to step into the hobby ^.^ Before I also just kind of admired BJDs and the like from afar, but having one on order is really exciting (•:

I love all things art related, so that's what really makes me most excited going into the hobby: getting to try pattern drafting and sewing and designing, trying faceups and styling hair. It's really nice seeing someone else new but wanting to try it all too! I'm excited to see what you come up with and what you make ^_^

macaronron
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, sgodpal said:

Murphy is one of my fave Tinyfox dolls, and Tinyfox is also what really awoke my desire to step into the hobby ^.^ Before I also just kind of admired BJDs and the like from afar, but having one on order is really exciting (•:

I love all things art related, so that's what really makes me most excited going into the hobby: getting to try pattern drafting and sewing and designing, trying faceups and styling hair. It's really nice seeing someone else new but wanting to try it all too! I'm excited to see what you come up with and what you make ^_^

It was the same for me! She was just so cute and right in the perfect price range. I bought her the same day I saw her, which is rare for me - I often go months before actually hitting the purchase button (¬、¬|||)

I couldn’t agree more! I feel like when you’re an outsider to the hobby you don’t really realise all the incredible creative work that goes into it, it’s a little overwhelming but at the same time so exciting to discover all these new things to try. I can’t wait to see what you create (〃∇〃)

Edited by macaronron
  • Like 1

Milk

Welcome to the board. I hope you enjoy it here!

Murphy was the one who made me cave in and get a 1/6, too. TinyFox is good at winning you over with their themed dolls. It also sparked my interest into customising outfits or creating accessories. Dolls are a good source to enable you to get into more creative projects! Looking forward to what your doll journey brings you.

home  Victoria Beatrice {DD Beatrice}  DD 2B  DDB 9S  Lavi {TinyFox Murphy}  Mocha {TinyFox Fluffy}

waiting for  DDS Alisaie  DDSB Alphinaud