Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
PrincetteWillow

Hiya!

PrincetteWillow

Brand new to the forum and doll community as a whole so I figured I’d introduce myself!

@onion12@

I’m a lifelong doll fan, I was particularly fond of porcelain dolls and Bratz dolls as a kid, which evolved into becoming obsessed with BJD from afar as I got into lolita fashion as I got older. I haven’t had a doll in YEARS, and I’m particularly excited to try my hand at face ups and making doll clothes (and maybe wigs? I always wanted to try making one).

I'm looking at getting a couple of Imomodolls to start with, a 1/4 size and 1/12 size so I’d love any advice on finding clothes/wigs that fit them

Not really sure what else to say, feel a bit socially awkward, but I look forward to getting to know yall @onion14@

• Like 7

grimmgle

nice to meet you ^_^ i also hope to start customizing with imomodolls at some point but currently i just have some azone fashion dolls + some BJD blindboxes, though i have some tinyfox dolls on the way

i believe clothes wise tinyfox + imomo are close in size? because they have "chubbier" (for lack of a better word) bodies. etsy seems to have some but im sure if you look at sites like taobao and similar you'll find some as well :-] i havent gotten to buying clothes/wigs yet (though i really want to make my own)

hope you have fun with your dolls though !!

PrincetteWillow
10 hours ago, grimmgle said:

nice to meet you ^_^ i also hope to start customizing with imomodolls at some point but currently i just have some azone fashion dolls + some BJD blindboxes, though i have some tinyfox dolls on the way

i believe clothes wise tinyfox + imomo are close in size? because they have "chubbier" (for lack of a better word) bodies. etsy seems to have some but im sure if you look at sites like taobao and similar you'll find some as well :-] i havent gotten to buying clothes/wigs yet (though i really want to make my own)

hope you have fun with your dolls though !!

The imomos chubbier bodies is really what made me fall for them! The shape is so cute and soft looking. I’m hoping maybe I can get some blind boxes around the holidays, especially some of the Penny’s Box ones which seem to be pretty popular

grimmgle

the blindboxes are so cute :-] i do prefer smaller scales (1/12 - 1/6) and the blindboxes are such a nice, affordable option. i currently have ones from the kukaka insect cafe series, liroro summer island series, and the bonnie sweetheart party series :-] are there any specific series you like from the blindbox selections ?

• Like 1

PrincetteWillow

I’m still really new to learning about the different blind boxes, but I find the Penny's Box Loong Fantacia Series really captivating. They’re honestly all so cute! My preference leans toward sets that use a lot of pastels and especially the blind boxes that revolve around fantasy creature dolls like the Tidal Secret Language and Dreamlike Tea Party Day Dream series by Penny Box