Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Xeliicious

Let's Dollfie Dream - 20th Anniversary Book/Magazine

Xeliicious

Haven't seen anyone else talking about this since my copy arrived a few weeks ago, so I hope making this new topic is okay 😳 

spacer.png

The pages that I thought were most interesting are the ones detailing the new 'Chimikko' body. 

The measurements in comparison to MDD

spacer.png

And more information further on: 

spacer.png

Summary of the info above:

• Chimikko will use the new DD-f3 frame by default (they managed to fit the new frame design in that tiny body, big ups to VOLKS engineers) 
  • Feet and hand parts are exact same size as MDD, so they can be shared. However, Chimikko's internal wrist frame is shorter than MDD so that part can't be interchanged. 

I do plan on scanning all the pages in eventually, as there's also makeup/hair care/posing guides further on in the book.
Am just a little concerned it fitting into my scanner as the spine is quite stiff, I don't want to bend the book too far and damage it.... 😭

• Like 6

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, Xeliicious said:

I hope making this new topic is okay 😳

1 hour ago, Xeliicious said:

I do plan on scanning all the pages in eventually, as there's also makeup/hair care/posing guides further on in the book.

A bit of image sharing is probably covered by fair use, but I’m pretty sure that posting all of it would violate their copyrights.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

chef_mai

Thanks for sharing the page with the 1.0 vs 2.0 measurements. That explains a lot about why dealers are finding that 2.0 compatibility with some outfits is broken.

I'm baffled about the decrease in the foot size. It's made to match the Chimiko, but it doesn't bode well long term for shoe compatibility. Old shoes that were a little loose will now be looser, and if they target new shoes for this smaller foot size, they may be too tight on 1.0 bodies.

(Edit: Turns out the measurements are for Mochi-ashi)

Edited by chef_mai

Xeliicious
48 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

A bit of image sharing is probably covered by fair use, but I’m pretty sure that posting all of it would violate their copyrights.

OH I didn't even think of that... 😬 

Monty
1 hour ago, chef_mai said:

Thanks for sharing the page with the 1.0 vs 2.0 measurements. That explains a lot about why dealers are finding that 2.0 compatibility with some outfits is broken.

I'm baffled about the decrease in the foot size. It's made to match the Chimiko, but it doesn't bode well long term for shoe compatibility. Old shoes that were a little loose will now be looser, and if they target new shoes for this smaller foot size, they may be too tight on 1.0 bodies.

It’s sharing it with the mochiashi measurements, not 0.1 vs 0.2 - I thought those always had slightly bigger feet? (At least that’s something I saw people complain about a lot) Unless both of them shrunk with f3-2? I tried to measure Arle’s feet and they seemed to match what was written but I could have been measuring at the wrong part of the foot.

chef_mai
3 minutes ago, Monty said:

It’s sharing it with the mochiashi measurements, not 0.1 vs 0.2 - I thought those always had slightly bigger feet? (At least that’s something I saw people complain about a lot) Unless both of them shrunk with f3-2? I tried to measure Arle’s feet and they seemed to match what was written but I could have been measuring at the wrong part of the foot.

Ah, nice catch! I didn't notice it in the title, but now that you mention it, that 13.5cm thigh measurement is a giveaway.

I'll strike out what I said above.

Mochi feet are marginally bigger such that they get a different compatibility chart for shoes. Some shoes are sized a little wider for them but end up being loose on regular MDD. Some of the sneakers come to mind.

ragnamuffin
5 hours ago, Xeliicious said:

Am just a little concerned it fitting into my scanner as the spine is quite stiff, I don't want to bend the book too far and damage it.... 😭

If you still want to scan it for your own use (I’ll be doing the same fwiw) and don’t want to bend the spine, try using a scanning app. You just take a pic of the page and AI will work its magic to straighten it out. I recently used Microsoft Lens to scan a book with great success.

• Like 3

Kemonomimicry
On 9/3/2024 at 10:15 PM, Xeliicious said:

Summary of the info above:

• Chimikko will use the new DD-f3 frame by default (they managed to fit the new frame design in that tiny body, big ups to VOLKS engineers) 
  • Feet and hand parts are exact same size as MDD, so they can be shared. However, Chimikko's internal wrist frame is shorter than MDD so that part can't be interchanged. 

Probably the spine is shortened...

Xeliicious
On 9/4/2024 at 2:31 AM, ragnamuffin said:

If you still want to scan it for your own use (I’ll be doing the same fwiw) and don’t want to bend the spine, try using a scanning app. You just take a pic of the page and AI will work its magic to straighten it out. I recently used Microsoft Lens to scan a book with great success.

Ooh, thank you! I'll give that a try :D

baldylox

I picked one of these awesome books up at the Dolpa in LA this past weekend and it's super cool.  But mine is just a little bit cooler than others....

53986774055_a047bb574e_z.jpg20240910_115643 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

I got with one of the Volks staff and asked if he could get all of the Volks US and Japan staff people that were there at the event to sign it for me.  😄  I left it overnight and the next day he came and found me and gave me the book back.  Check out all the awesome signatures and pictures they did!

53986340111_0e00d521ac_z.jpg20240910_115657 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

Isn't that cool?  The guy I spoke with said they'd never had a request like that before and everyone was really happy with the idea.  So now I have a one of a kind memento from my first ever Dolpa!  <3 

Billy

• Like 15

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.