Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Monty

Volks News 105

Monty

It comes out on Monday the 9th. The main topics I guess will be the September and October collections.

The September collection is already online, and going on sale on the 14th. A lot of it is also available early at LA Dolpa this weekend.

https://dollfie.volks.co.jp/event/dress/2409.html

I checked the table of contents to confirm something I’d been wondering ever since the FF twins went up as the PO project months early - there isn’t any info about a DD preorder project, which is usually the headliner of the September issue. It’s also typically the only new doll release in that issue (because September is the only issue not immediately before a Dolpa). There was also no new doll preview yesterday (there usually is the Friday before a new issue). So, unless there’s a surprise in the issue, this is curiously the first Volks News issue I’ve seen since I joined this hobby that does not have a new doll release in it. Not that I’m complaining - the FF twins are very intricate and having two preorders would be tricky, plus I guess they were ‘supposed’ to be here but Squeenix as always wants things on their schedule - it’s just kind of a surprise to see.

Edited by Monty
  • Like 2

PlasticJester

Aw, I was kind of hoping for a new announcement, as I've only been around the vinyl hobby as long as Aqua's release. I was kind of hoping there'd be something exciting to save up for.

592108676_DollGroupPixel.png.059a2d02f02ccb8975d8c8461ef7b1cc.png

Noxxbunny

Hoping they somehow surprise me with the black tuxedo at Dolpa because THAT'S an outfit I actually really want 😂

• Like 1

Current Crew: Kaito(DDH07), Miles(DDH06), Lyca(DDH-10), Hotaru(DDH09), Kagamine Rin, Maron(DDH01), Mikuo(Snow Miku), Nagisa(DDH01)

BeyondTime
2 hours ago, Monty said:

I checked the table of contents to confirm something I’d been wondering ever since the FF twins went up as the PO project months early - there isn’t any info about a DD preorder project, which is usually the headliner of the September issue.

No mention of the new Icons?

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Monty
29 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

No mention of the new Icons?

I thought they only put them in Volks News when there was a JP release for them. They might do a little after report on LA Dolpa that features them but that won’t be until the November issue if not later.

• Thanks 1

Kemonomimicry

- Some amusing hoodies in there. The cat ones have cat paw hands. Although it's a bit strange how there are cat socks for both MDD and DD, but cat hoodies only for MDD.

Also, new DCH-30 spotted here:

https://dollfie.ec.volks.co.jp/category/D_240914_DRESS09/4518992450780.html

- 2 new miko attires, plus broom and ringing bell fan. The props are more interesting than the miko outfits (which are elaborate but traditional in their design), IMHO.

- New robe that can double as a wrapping blanket for Dollfie transport. The fifth photo in the listing looks like she's carrying a newborn baby😅:

https://dollfie.ec.volks.co.jp/category/D_240914_DRESS09/4518992448862.html

- A new wig, by the looks of it. Nothing special.

PlasticJester

What is GL/VS/VIP? Would someone mind explaining it to me?

Monty
17 minutes ago, PlasticJester said:

What is GL/VS/VIP? Would someone mind explaining it to me?

It’s a yearly paid membership that allows you access to a few things. VS/VIP is only for Japanese residents, and GL (Global) is only for non Japanese residents. VS/VIP get access to a lot more stuff obviously (in particular they get free Volks news delivery on the day it’s released - obviously Volks can’t offer free international expedited magazine delivery, but they do let GL add the current issue for free to an existing order for a period of time), but every member can accumulate points when buying things in store (both the online and physical store) and has access to the special order items that every Volks News issue has. (The previous issue had a wig, and I think before a parasol. They’ve also had stuff like roller skates, ice skates, Dream Choice only heads like DCH16, and SD hand parts that usually aren’t available outside the order forms included with SDs). There are also special events held only for these members - the next one is the Tokyo bay cruise.

Every now and then there are also dolls only availed for GL/VS/VIP, although it’s not consistent now their release method works - sometimes it’s a lottery(Miku NT, the odd SD release now and then) and sometimes a preorder (Meiko).

We also get access to some special blog posts 2 weeks before the info is public, although they haven’t done one in a few months.

The membership for GL is about 800 yen (which, depending on how much you spend, gets made back pretty quickly through the points you accumulate). I get value out of my membership but I would personally not get it unless it’s tied to an item you particularly want.

edit: Here is the page to sign up with some more info.  https://dollfie.ec.volks.co.jp/item/2300000061208.html

Edited by Monty
  • Thanks 2

ohnoaiwa

I'm glad liliru isn't gone forever!!!

PlasticJester

I read the news, but I can baaaarely read any Japanese. Can someone explain the Chimikko news to me? Do we have a body release date?

CreationOdyssey
2 hours ago, PlasticJester said:

I read the news, but I can baaaarely read any Japanese. Can someone explain the Chimikko news to me? Do we have a body release date?

It’s Anya’s release date and some other clothing items like tights and such that are being released. No info if chimiko body will be getting a separate release.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

baldylox

Very cool!  It'll be nice to get this book when Volks US comes out with it.

Oddly enough, a few of the things from this release were available in the Sumika store at Dolpa this past weekend.  I picked up a couple of dresses and that cute skull hoodie thing.  It's nice to be able to get something before Japan for a change!  😄 

Billy

• Like 2

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

Lenneth

I'm terrible, I look forward to these like a maniac for the clothing releases. Does this only talk about the September collection we saw at Dollpa or will the October stuff be in this issue too?

• Like 1

shiai29
On 9/10/2024 at 3:48 PM, baldylox said:

Very cool!  It'll be nice to get this book when Volks US comes out with it.

Oddly enough, a few of the things from this release were available in the Sumika store at Dolpa this past weekend.  I picked up a couple of dresses and that cute skull hoodie thing.  It's nice to be able to get something before Japan for a change!  😄 

Billy

Yes, they did mention somewhere online that the September releases would be available at LA Dolpa. This is typical with Dolpa, they usually get the new clothes and then after party comes later. 

On 9/20/2024 at 7:19 PM, Lenneth said:

I'm terrible, I look forward to these like a maniac for the clothing releases. Does this only talk about the September collection we saw at Dollpa or will the October stuff be in this issue too?

The October clothing collection is also featured in Volks News 105

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Monty

The October collection is up now! Available on the 12th.

https://dollfie.ec.volks.co.jp/category/D_241012_DRESS10/

It includes this Chimikko specific dress, modelled by a DCH30 that looks completely at home on this body.

https://dollfie.ec.volks.co.jp/category/D_241012_DRESS10/4518992451442.html

edit: and a Chimikko bodysuit too!

https://dollfie.ec.volks.co.jp/category/D_241012_DRESS10/4518992451480.html

edit 2: there’s also the debut of a ‘genuine leather’ series of shoes, which is great news for pleather haters like me. The first one are some nice boots that will fit DDs.
https://dollfie.ec.volks.co.jp/category/D_241012_DRESS10/4518992451510.html

The 9000 yen price tag seems a lot at a glance, but when you compare it to the price of the usual pleather shoes and consider the fact that they won’t flake in a few years, it’s not that bad an increase. I would definitely like to pay more for shoes that will actually last, so I really hope to see more varieties in this range. Ive been in this hobby long enough now that the stuff I bought when I started it have started to flake and it’s always aggravating and frustrating, especially when they’re things I’ve barely touched.

Edited by Monty
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

MoiBakaDesu

Oh, I am definitely having an eye on these hoodie sets that Len and Kaito are modelling. 👀

Monty
1 hour ago, CreationOdyssey said:

Anya will be my first full dd, is this a grab before she gets her or could I possibly wait for a hot bit?

Volks seem to be taking 2-3 weeks to ship orders from outfit collections, so with Anya coming out late October and the bodysuits going up on the 12th, there’s a good chance they’ll ship around the same time anyway, so I would get it on the 12th if you wanted to have it ready for her.
Bodysuits aren’t mandatory, and I’m actually not fond of them (mine never wear them unless it’s with a dark coloured outfit that obscures it enough) but it might be worth getting for peace of mind if you do end up putting dark colours on her (I think her black outfit pieces are white-lined though). 

But this kind of item is typically standard, and is restocked periodically, so you shouldn’t have to grab it immediately if you don’t want to. But if you do, it means you can bundle it with that Chimikko dress if you wanted that.

• Thanks 1

CreationOdyssey
1 hour ago, Monty said:

But this kind of item is typically standard, and is restocked periodically, so you shouldn’t have to grab it immediately if you don’t want to.

Thank you!! I’m might put her in the standard outfit maybe once for intro pics (if it’s not lined) but all the fabric I’ve bought to try and imitate her dresses and outfits is light colored.

MichelleAK

I wish the "Dreamy Autumn Wear" set was preorder, instead of click war. That's really the only thing I want. 

BeyondTime
8 hours ago, Monty said:

edit 2: there’s also the debut of a ‘genuine leather’ series of shoes, which is great news for pleather haters like me. The first one are some nice boots that will fit DDs.
https://dollfie.ec.volks.co.jp/category/D_241012_DRESS10/4518992451510.html

That is welcome news, and that's a style that would work well with 1920s outfits. 

I like the medical scholar sets, white rose school outfits, and the knit skirts. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Lenneth

I'm... actually kinda underwhelmed with the October collection. Huh. I'll count myself as lucky, then.

plasticyears

That's interesting, so there is no MSD boy version of the Sky Medical Scholar set. Ah well, I'm definitely buying at least two 🙃

1660239928_Untitled-1copy2.png.79c708c69fe8c51198886fbc9ed31ed9.png

BeyondTime

Their prices seem to have gone up, and they've always been so consistent, so I'm guessing their costs are up.