Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
battrastard

Photos from LA Dolpa

battrastard

I'm up for starting this post, for all of the wonderful folks I finally got to meet, face-to-face. 

Please post some pictures of your Kiddos at Dolpa! 

Had a great time, met lots of peeps, and saw the most cute Kiddos in real life. Couldn't be happier. Y'all are Awesome!!! Big thanks to Volks for having this event! 

20240907_145512

Llenn in her natural environment... 

Asphodel

@Poofiemus's Asphodel also decided to get a bit of fresh air, too. 

LA Dolpa

My Llenn and Chii, @baldylox's Rei and Manami, and @sinclair's Yaya.

LA Dolpa '24 LA Dolpa '24

The table was just starting to fill up when I took this, there was no room left when Volks did their photo!! 

Chii at LA Dolpa

I'm still so happy about all the positive responses Chii received, Thank You all so much!! 

Tana snuck into LA Dolpa!

Yep! Tana did smuggle herself into the show, she really wanted to meet @baldylox's Rei and Manami!! 

20240907_104001

20240907_103434

20240908_161211

Someone was all tuckered out at the end of it all. (Thank you for letting me take this, she was too cute, cuddling up at the end of the day!) 

Miku NT

And this lil cutie decided to follow me home, Miku NT! 

Rick

• Like 15

"Madness takes it's toll, Please have exact change!"

baldylox

Dude, t was a total blast meeting you and the Arizona group!  I had so much with you all!  And Dolpa was a blast too... finally meeting people in person after years of chatting online was just crazy.  I certainly had fun and really didn't realize the extent of how many people would be there.  It was great.

Big congrats to you on getting that Miku, she looks like she's going to be loads of fun!  And thank Tana again for the amazing gift she gave Rei.  Rei has already shown it off to all her best maids and is beaming about it.  Of course, Manami is pretty upset about it all and has raided the booze cabinet to drink away her sorrows.  LOL

I'll post some pics here too once I have them all ready and uploaded to the Flickr!  :)

Billy

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

Poofiemus

Yessss this whole event was so much fun (at least for me lol), glad to see your pics! Amd congrats on finally joining the Miku chaos!

• Like 2

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

Anna-neko

yaaaaay, meeting online friends IRL!
now who has the doll-Chii as held by live-Chii photos?!?

EDIT: would be nice if my photo posted

its almost like Mari was meeting a distant cousin, ya know? (insert dumb body donation goof here)
53986559686_c57df8f5d3_c.jpg

and of course shout-out to @JewelryJelly girls "babysitting" this child gathering

Edited by Anna-neko
  • Like 5

battrastard
1 minute ago, Anna-neko said:

now who has the doll-Chii as held by live-Chii photos?!?

I'm not sure if it was @Poofiemus or @baldylox, actually. But it was so cool! 

• Like 1

Poofiemus

Not me, I missed that entirely! Good shots though!

• Like 1

DesertPhantom51

It's so fun having seen these dolls there and now here, the only dolls I'm used to seeing in person are my own!  It looks like you all had an amazing time, I wish I would've had the time to actually meet you all, hopefully next time I'll be able to more more sociable. 

• Like 2

baldylox
21 hours ago, battrastard said:

I'm not sure if it was @Poofiemus or @baldylox, actually. But it was so cool! 

That was me.  As soon as I saw the Chii cosplayer, I stood up and was like "HEY!  I NEED YOU TO SEE THIS CHII AND TAKE PICS!"  😄

She loved Chii and was happy to pose with her.  She also had me take photos of her and Chii with her own cell phone as well as her friends.  She was super nice about it.  EVERYONE loved your Chii.  As soon as people started walking by her, they would all go "AWWWWW!  CHIIIIIII!!"  It was adorable.  😉 

I'll post that pic of the Chii's soon.

Billy

• Like 2

Ayrell

Thank you for sharing these photos! It must have been such a cool event to attend. :)

• Like 1

Yami Usagi

Thank you for sharing! I love seeing photos from Dolpa 😄

• Like 3

baldylox

@battrastard Here's that photo of the Chii cosplayer you asked for.

20240907_134344.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

battrastard
4 minutes ago, baldylox said:

@battrastard Here's that photo of the Chii cosplayer you asked for.

20240907_134344.jpg

Too cute! Thanks!!! 

• Like 2

baldylox

Here's a few more pics from the event. 

It won't let me post any more due to size limits so I have to upload to Flickr in order to share more. I'll make my own thread for that though. 

For now here's pics of the huge Icon display and the DD display we all put dolls on. 

20240908_134346.jpg

20240908_123642.jpg

• Like 4

Anna-neko

I haven't enough photos to start own thread (was far too easily distracted by ALL THE THINGS, including but not limited to: lovely ladies wearing gorgeous lolita dresses, their dolls wearing beautiful clothes, and that one absolutely amazing Vegas Show Girl....)

so here are a few of my snaps, housed on Flickr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/annaneko/albums/72177720320250544/

54010057721_5f9ac89b26_c.jpg

• Like 5

Lenneth
13 hours ago, Anna-neko said:

I haven't enough photos to start own thread (was far too easily distracted by ALL THE THINGS, including but not limited to: lovely ladies wearing gorgeous lolita dresses, their dolls wearing beautiful clothes, and that one absolutely amazing Vegas Show Girl....)

Waaaaahhhh the Vegas gal was my Camellia (aka Cammy)! It was my first doll outfit and I worked so hard on it for weeks up until I flew to LA and I'm just so pleased everyone liked it so much!! /feelingssss

I'm new to this forum so I was curious how folks are hosting photos to use here. I'm so used to every platform having a built in upload function that I honestly don't know what site I should be using to share photos here.

• Like 6

Poofiemus
4 hours ago, Lenneth said:

Waaaaahhhh the Vegas gal was my Camellia (aka Cammy)! It was my first doll outfit and I worked so hard on it for weeks up until I flew to LA and I'm just so pleased everyone liked it so much!! /feelingssss

I'm new to this forum so I was curious how folks are hosting photos to use here. I'm so used to every platform having a built in upload function that I honestly don't know what site I should be using to share photos here.

Most of us use Flikr, because it has a lot of storage, spits out BBCode for images easily, and also doesn't give us too much flack for Dolly nudity lolol

Since we're apparebtly ending up with an LA Dolpa megathread, I'll have to plunk a bunch of mine on Flickr and spam here.

And yes, I saw your girl! I voted for her, actually, once I heard you made her outfit. Wasn't sure if entry 26 (who won) made hers or not, it was vaguely familiar though so it might have been purchased? And I wanted to give credit to someone I KNEW had made their stuff.

20240907_153837.jpg.d8b8cddb8d2cfef30fc5e45ab6c30afd.jpg

Got a pic of her for those who missed her!

I think this is also Cammy? Spotted her in the hallway on Sunday.

20240908_125036.jpg.703bc8a537f0040697810f0dbfd23ccb.jpg

• Like 5

baldylox

If Cammy is who I think she is then she had a LOT of outfit changes over the course of the event!  I saw her in the black outfit above and I'm pretty sure she was in a cute car hop styled pastel outfit with skates and some ears and tail too.

She's definitely a cutie!  And welcome to the board!  :) 

Billy

• Like 1

Lenneth
5 minutes ago, baldylox said:

If Cammy is who I think she is then she had a LOT of outfit changes over the course of the event!  I saw her in the black outfit above and I'm pretty sure she was in a cute car hop styled pastel outfit with skates and some ears and tail too.

She's definitely a cutie!  And welcome to the board!  :) 

Billy

Haha, yeah, she had a whole people size suitcase for just her clothes! I honestly had so much fun, it felt like I was a little kid at my first anime con all over again. ^^

16 minutes ago, Poofiemus said:

Most of us use Flikr, because it has a lot of storage, spits out BBCode for images easily, and also doesn't give us too much flack for Dolly nudity lolol

Since we're apparebtly ending up with an LA Dolpa megathread, I'll have to plunk a bunch of mine on Flickr and spam here.

And yes, I saw your girl! I voted for her, actually, once I heard you made her outfit. Wasn't sure if entry 26 (who won) made hers or not, it was vaguely familiar though so it might have been purchased? And I wanted to give credit to someone I KNEW had made their stuff.

I went ahead and made an account! And I really, really appreciate you saying this as I get discouraged so easily with this stuff, thank you so much~

And here's my album: 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/201467620@N07/albums/72177720320513519/

Edited by Lenneth
  • Like 4

Poofiemus
1 hour ago, Lenneth said:

Haha, yeah, she had a whole people size suitcase for just her clothes! I honestly had so much fun, it felt like I was a little kid at my first anime con all over again. ^^

I went ahead and made an account! And I really, really appreciate you saying this as I get discouraged so easily with this stuff, thank you so much~

And here's my album: 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/201467620@N07/albums/72177720320513519/

Oh you're the one that got Luka! I talked to you when we were waiting for pickup, I'm the dork with glasses that got a Kaito! You were so happy to get her, it's one of my core memories from the event. I have to ask: how's Cammy dealing with having a new sister? 😛

• Like 1

Lenneth
29 minutes ago, Poofiemus said:

Oh you're the one that got Luka! I talked to you when we were waiting for pickup, I'm the dork with glasses that got a Kaito! You were so happy to get her, it's one of my core memories from the event. I have to ask: how's Cammy dealing with having a new sister? 😛

Yeah! I absolutely burst into tears about it lol

I feel like the vibe is "This is getting out of hand. Now there are two of them!". Their combined power is going to be unstoppable.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2