Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Bramble

Greetings o/

Bramble

I never know what to say in these types of things...

I am anxiously awaiting my Alphinaud preorder. He'll be my first DDS, my first Dollfie and maybe my first vinyl doll depending on if I wind up with a 1/6 tinyfox or something similar while I wait for August 2025 to come around.

As for how I got into the hobby, I was into things like monster high and mlp vinyls and modification/customization of them many years ago, but ended up offloading my collection in a move at some point. I have too many other hobbies and too little space to collect like I used to, but I think I definitely have the room for a couple of dolls that are special to me.

When I heard about the FFXIV x Dollfie collab, I ruminated for weeks on end during the preorder period if I should really go through with it. I did my research on what it means to own a doll like this since the scale is much, much larger than anything I've previously owned, gave it some time to make sure it wasn't just an impulsive buy. After thinking about it every single day, I decided it would make me happy to have a little guy in my house and placed my order. Now, I just twiddle my thumbs until I receive that shipping notice from VOLKS. >_<

I doubt Alphi will be my last Dollfie, so of course while I wait I'm thinking of the future. I'm an artist, so I'm also interested in learning the ins and outs of doing my own faceups and such. I find the thought of bringing some of my original characters into 3D space with me as dolls delightful. I've already started a wishlist for the off chance I get to visit japan in the summer and get my paws on a tan dream choice doll. (I am so, so happy they offer a few different elf ears!)

I know it's a ways out, but since I could only get one of the twins, I'd love to meet up with someone in the PNW who has Alisaie (or even 'shtola!) so we can take pictures of them together sometime.

That's all I can really think to say for now, if you've read this whole thing then uhhh tell me what your favorite JRPG is, or if you play FFXIV, what your main job is. (I'm currently playing through chrono trigger for the first time, don't know if I can say its my favorite yet but I like it a lot! I play mainly summoner and sage in XIV.)

• Like 7

Xiongmao

Welcome. As you can see doll families can grow larger than you can possibly imagine.

I don't know much about FF but the FFIV theme tune was one of the first things I downloaded from Napster back in 2000.

• Like 1

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

Veravey
On 9/25/2024 at 9:26 PM, Bramble said:

I have too many other hobbies and too little space to collect like I used to, but I think I definitely have the room for a couple of dolls that are special to me.

Welcome! Happy to hear you decided to re-join a doll hobby.

I hear you on this comment. I've learned a big part of my hobby process that allows me to enjoy it more is justifying adequate and safe storage for them. It's helped me justify ending and/or not beginning new hobbies, too, which makes me feel more responsible about them.

I hope you find happiness in creating through dolls and I'd love to see your progress here!

• Like 1

ftRtwRu9355h.gif.886b75a4e71a6125e1f5c114f2fd2e47.gif

Bramble
On 9/27/2024 at 10:03 AM, Xiongmao said:

Welcome. As you can see doll families can grow larger than you can possibly imagine.

I don't know much about FF but the FFIV theme tune was one of the first things I downloaded from Napster back in 2000.

Thanks! I'm glad to be here. I know I said I have room for a couple, but already I have the sneaking suspicion I will end up with many more dolls than I expect!

That made me nostalgic for the days when I used napster, but I definitely don't miss the dial-up internet speeds, hehe.

On 9/27/2024 at 11:15 AM, Veravey said:

Welcome! Happy to hear you decided to re-join a doll hobby.

I hear you on this comment. I've learned a big part of my hobby process that allows me to enjoy it more is justifying adequate and safe storage for them. It's helped me justify ending and/or not beginning new hobbies, too, which makes me feel more responsible about them.

I hope you find happiness in creating through dolls and I'd love to see your progress here!

Thank you! Sometimes I have struggled not to jump from project to project before the last one is finished. I've been better about that lately, it really does make me feel like a more responsible person. The silver lining of there being a bit of waiting involved with dolls is I can take the time to ensure I have everything prepared for their arrival.

It helps that I have a bit of experience in the realm of sewing and crafting cosplays, cutting/styling wigs, etc... all things I haven't done in a while, but I'm excited to have an outlet to put those skills to use again! I'm sure the smaller scale will provide its own unique challenges, but I'm looking forward to learning and growing from it. ^_^

• Like 2

Veravey
20 hours ago, Bramble said:

The silver lining of there being a bit of waiting involved with dolls is I can take the time to ensure I have everything prepared for their arrival.

I love this approach, it's a great way to look at the long pre-orders we deal with.

• Like 2

ftRtwRu9355h.gif.886b75a4e71a6125e1f5c114f2fd2e47.gif