Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Morilec

From buy SmD to DD

Morilec

Recently I got Miku NT, before I only owned the 2014 Miku, which I bought used in 2017/18, and the difference between the two is huge, what have they changed in the meantime? Materials? Skeleton? It's too different.

At the time I also bought an SmD, which I preferred to the DD in terms of quality, but I have to say that this Miku NT surprised me a lot, even though there is still the problem of stains, which seem easier on DD than on SmD, that is, I never had a stain on my SmD, unlike Miku 2014 which got stained and I don't even know how.

Anyway, I was thinking of getting some more DD, without a license, since Danny's behavior and the catalog of clothes that every year is decreasing and becoming more "flat", the desire to buy SmD has completely disappeared, but the desire for dolls has not decreased, hence the desire for DD. However, the ease with which they get stained scares me a lot.

BeyondTime

The f3 body is largely a new skeleton. The 2.0 f3 adds more vinyl changes. 

As far as staining, all vinyl stains, Danny made some effort to produce clothes that didn’t stain.

@K-2 knows a lot more about SmartDolls and staining, but my DD girls don’t get a lot of stains. I’m not dressing them in dark colors except for photos. 

Vinyls can get stains from all kinds of things, even grime on a shelf. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

K-2

Vinyl is vinyl and no matter what the brand under the "right" circumstances all vinyl will stain. After 15 years of vinyl, I have come to accept it as just one of those facts of vinyl doll life. You do the best you can to prevent stains and it happens anyway. <sigh>

I've had pretty good luck with my Smart Dolls. They wear mostly Smart Doll brand clothes and a select few items that I feel comfortable with their low stain potential. There still have been incidents, fortunately all minor. I can't say as much for some of my Obi's and my DD. I have gone through more than my share of Remove-Zit.

Rather than spend a hour and a half typing out a ton of stain related observations, I would direct you to Kizuna and Chitose's treatise on staining. They did a pretty good job of hitting the highlights.

https://www.dolldreaming.com/topic/13527-kizuna-and-chitose-now-with-nsfw/?do=findComment&comment=205497

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

MVSig.jpg

Mega Negi

I default to all of them being in bodysuits all the time. I'd rather not deal with the stains.