Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Skygirl

Hello!

Skygirl

Hello, my name is Skygirl. I was inspired to create my first Obitsu earlier this year when I fell in love with some Sailor Moon Re-ment miniatures I saw online. I didn't have a doll in the appropriate scale for the miniatures that I liked, and I couldn't find anything in the ready made doll market that I liked either. (I'm not a Barbie doll lover.) Having come across Obitsu dolls as a teenager, I decided to look into building a 1/6th scale dream doll. Thus, Noelle was created. Assembling all of her parts, accessories, and finding a doll clothes designer to custom make her outfit was quite an adventure, and took a few months. 

My own sewing skills are practically non-existent, so it was necessary to explore other avenues. It was interesting to find out how few clothing options there are for a 27cm doll, (10.63") which is about the size of a teen Skipper doll. It seems that just about every other fashion doll is the same size as a regular Barbie, (29cm or 11.5") so the options for something a little shorter are vary slim. Has anyone else experienced something like this?

• Like 4

amiamitchi
1 hour ago, Skygirl said:

It was interesting to find out how few clothing options there are for a 27cm doll

hi hi~ would love to see pics of your obitsu!

i just put one of my dolls on a 26cm large bust obitsu body and have had a similar experience lol... clothes for takara jenny or azone's 27cm dolls are slightly too long and anything for 24cm dolls like mamachapp or pure neemo just barely fit. (-.-") 

if she's on any of the smaller busts you could probably get her into jenny clothes or some azone tops! I have a doll on a medium bust and she can wear pure neemo clothes comfortably.

if you browse mercari jp or yahoo auctions you can usually find lots/ sets of 1/6 doll clothes but the prices are kind of all over the place. they're a mixed bag - some character clothes, stock clothes, handmade clothes. i've bought one, and if i can remember the seller i'll link them later! there was some momoko, volks, azone, and handmade clothes. hope that helps!

• Like 1

ragnamuffin
2 hours ago, Skygirl said:

I was inspired to create my first Obitsu earlier this year when I fell in love with some Sailor Moon Re-ment miniatures I saw online.

Your post reminded me of Mini Couture, who makes custom Sailor Moon and other anime character dolls. I was going to recommend them to you, but realized maybe you weren’t looking for Sailor Moon dolls to go with the Sailor Moon Re-ment stuff… Idk where I’m going with this, but on the off-chance it appeals to you, here is a rec for a 1/6 scale doll!