Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

PrincessKnight

A beginning start

PrincessKnight

Hi I’m new to bjd dolls I’m getting my first doll soon  dollfie dream saber alter and maybe dollfie Jeanne with her 

I been doing a lot of research on how to take care of them  I still have some questions still what I know so far is get a body stocking and stains  and the wig cap and don’t touch the face 

my questions are how do you store them I’m currently living with my parents my room is small and I can’t do a shelf how do I stop them from yellowing  how do  I  carry  them to doll events how do I wash the wig and clothes and take care of the clothes  and get the extra dye out of the clothes 

From my research I saw the  invisible doll stand from Alice  collections was best   my question is what size of the stand that I need to get    with the size of the dolls I’m getting 

Also if anyone has advice on owning saber alter and Jeanne I would like to know any other advice or  tips about bjd dolls I would appreciate it

Question about the tangle  teezer compact the us VOLKS store been is sold out of them for some time  are those specifically for dolls or can use a regulars compact from tangle teezer 

sorry if it’s a lot of stuff  to read yet  thank you so much in advance I’m really excited to get the dolls and to  start a new hoppy I hope all of you have a good week and  best wishes 🌟 

Giallo_Gatta

Hi! I’m fairly certain the Tangle Teezers have an identical equivalent for humans, and the only real difference is the Volks branding (and the price)

I wouldn’t be too worried about yellowing, either, that’s more of a resin doll thing. It does happen to vinyl, but IIRC it’s a much slower process and they should be mostly fine if you just refrain from leaving them lying in direct sunlight all day. Smoking in the house can also stain/yellow vinyl dolls.

luna_Lillie

Any doll stand you buy needs to be compatible with 1/3 sized dolls, specifically dolls around 60cm.

For doll events.  It's simply putting your doll in a suitable bag (of course, with adequate protection) and taking them with you. 

There are different types of bags around for doll transportation:

Duffle/gym bag type

suitcase/trunk type

But for events. I'd say clear/windowed bags are the best option, as they offer protection and a clear view:

Volks clear tote

Pic of window type bag

Yuriqlo clear tote

These bag types are sold by Doll companies themselves or 3rd parties. But as you'd expect there's a markup. it's totally possible to buy a way cheaper bag that's not intended for dolls (beach clear tote, cat bubble carrier etc)- but just be mindful of anything that could stain or damage the doll.

ragnamuffin
5 hours ago, PrincessKnight said:

Also if anyone has advice on owning saber alter and Jeanne I would like to know any other advice or  tips about bjd dolls I would appreciate it

I made a whole thread on this here back when I was still thinking of getting her.

Saber Alter is a White Skin doll. White Skin is discontinued, so if anything happens to the vinyl, it will be difficult to fix unless you buy a whole new doll. Some people will say you just need to stain treat her and she’ll be good as new, but not all batches of vinyl were stable and stain treating her can sometimes turn the vinyl green—sadly, this is what happened to mine earlier this year, so I can confirm this is a thing that still happens even now (and yes, I used Volks Dream Rescue, so it’s definitely a problem with the vinyl itself).

My advice is to be very, very careful with her. Luckily, Saber Alter is relatively cheap and easy to find on the aftermarket so you can find a replacement body if you’re willing to shell out the cash, but it’s best if you don’t have to do that in the first place. She’s a beautiful doll, so don’t let that deter you if you like how she looks.

Also consider getting the Cool Cat metal sheaths to support her shoulder and hip rings. You’ll have to measure the shoulder and hip rings once you get her since they were updated as she was releasing, so you won’t know what size they are until you check for yourself.

• Like 1