Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

WoundedNight64

New LUTS anime girls

WoundedNight64
They've got two big girls now, Amy and Betty http://www.eluts.com/shop/step1.php?number=7150

I still like Amy, but Betty is kinda meh for me. Still hoping they release some mature boy sculpts!

Betty looks a LOT like an 03 head. I mean a LOT.

At home; DDH-07 'Medea',

Saving for; A body and Saber Lily ^_^

Waiting for:

Shailara

I just modded a 03 and I can assure you, it doesn't look much like it XD;;;; First of all, Betty doesn't have droopy eyes, has smaller lower lip, 03's face is rounder and Betty's nose seems smaller.

(\_/)
( ' .' ) 
( uu)

Soenatte

I'l second what Shai said. I spent so much time staring at the 03 head we're modding to say with all certainty that Betty does not look like it at all. She's as similar to it as most dollfie dreams are to each other, all of them being anime-type heads.

DDH07: Naoshin | Yui: Eclaire | DDH10: Noah | DDH01: Mafuyu P-chan: He Tian | Hime-Ane: Millefeuille

Kaito: Sora | DDH01: Astraia Tiamat: Ravus | DDH08: Alto  DDHo9: Leilani DDH07: Fyodor

aiRreyes

First reaction when I saw this... It looks like a DD >.<

Mango looks like DDH-05 while Coco is a bit Reimu/Marisa/DDH-06 >.<

6853819370_62b89ea6a5_t.jpg

Home: ~Soleil~ (DD Sendo Erika) ~Lilith~ (DDS Melty) ~Quinzel~ (DDH-07) ~Haruka~ (DD Mio)

Janeway

Has anyone tryed the LUTS KID DELF clothes on a obitsu 45cm girl?

SakuraDreams

I preordered Coco. I couldn't resist. I also have two SQ Labs heads, and one is on a Volks MDD body and other is still waiting for a body.

I want that outfit too - but sold out - so made a restock request.

BTW please does anyone know how to contact that company? I see their email address does not work and it seems that telephone or fax is the only way. U_U

At home: DD Sakura Shinguji, DDS Yukiho Hagiwara, DD Asuna, DD Rina Ogata, DDS MOMO, DDS Ranko Kanzaki.

Waiting for: Hatsune Miku

Preordered: Ranka Lee

Countdown to Hatsune Miku.

gothikgrrl

To bad they are kid Delf's I don't collect that size. Luts is my first love, and why I got into BJD in the first place. I hope they come out with some that are a bit bigger!! I really like them a lot.

gothikgrrl

Ah, I see they did make some big girls. To big, though, LOL. I prefer the Delf size. I agree that Amy is o.k. but Betty is kind of...blank. I hope they do Delf size anime versions. I also hope the Delf version falls somewhere between the senior Delfs (a little to blank faced) and the Kid Delfs (which I thought were great). I'll keep my eye on them! I haven't stalked the website since they stopped making the original Delf mature bodies after the Cerberus project fallout mess. I guess I'll have to start again

Shailara
Ah, I see they did make some big girls. To big, though, LOL. I prefer the Delf size. I agree that Amy is o.k. but Betty is kind of...blank. I hope they do Delf size anime versions. I also hope the Delf version falls somewhere between the senior Delfs (a little to blank faced) and the Kid Delfs (which I thought were great). I'll keep my eye on them! I haven't stalked the website since they stopped making the original Delf mature bodies after the Cerberus project fallout mess. I guess I'll have to start again

I believe, like most Luts JDF-SSDF sculpts, the neck part fits all bodies from JDF-SSDF XD So you should be able to get a Delf Amy/Betty/wtv other ani. sculpt they make.

(\_/)
( ' .' ) 
( uu)

Amara77
They've got two big girls now, Amy and Betty http://www.eluts.com/shop/step1.php?number=7150

I still like Amy, but Betty is kinda meh for me. Still hoping they release some mature boy sculpts!

I would love a mature anime boy from CP I love their sculpts!

My first doll was Lishe and I still LOVE her!

http://amara77.wordpress.com blog and shop

Spoke too soon....

Yukamina

I would love a mature anime boy from CP I love their sculpts!

My first doll was Lishe and I still LOVE her!

CP doesn't sculpt for Luts anymore, they sculpt for Fairyland now That's why Luts no longer sells Lishe or other CPs sculpts.

Ara

We already discussed that in another board, but somehow the LUTS girls seem to lack something that makes them more...hmm, how to phrase that, they just miss this charisma your usual DD girl has.

Why I like their faces and such they just look so bland.

It's super weird and I thought I'd be alone with that, but when I mentioned it a lot of people actually agreed with me saying that they just lack this DD aura.

I just looked at the pictures again and why DDs seem so.."natural" to me, the ones from LUTS are so lifeless and have dull eyes that just stare into nothingness

They have the same aesthetic and even the same eyes, but the ones from LUTS are just different. I can't really put my finger on it.

Any way, the option of tan skin + future real male sculpts (not female ones on a male body) is really cool. I hope they will do more like that in the future.

ZZ0WsD1.jpg

Yukamina

Perhaps the aesthetic is still closer to other Luts dolls in the way they are painted and photographed? I think with resin BJD, it's more up to the owner to make the doll lively. The owner is expected to customize eyes, wig, clothes etc to make the doll their own. And hardly any BJD owners call their doll after the sculpt name...With DD, the doll has more specific, less flexible image. More like a big anime figure. You can customize them if you want to, but they are mostly sold as character dolls. So maybe the DD liveliness comes from the character they necessarily portray? Whereas the Luts dolls are just showing the potential/a more subdued aesthetic common with resin BJD? I dunno, these are just my thoughts.

Amara77
Perhaps the aesthetic is still closer to other Luts dolls in the way they are painted and photographed? I think with resin BJD, it's more up to the owner to make the doll lively. The owner is expected to customize eyes, wig, clothes etc to make the doll their own. And hardly any BJD owners call their doll after the sculpt name...With DD, the doll has more specific, less flexible image. More like a big anime figure. You can customize them if you want to, but they are mostly sold as character dolls. So maybe the DD liveliness comes from the character they necessarily portray? Whereas the Luts dolls are just showing the potential/a more subdued aesthetic common with resin BJD? I dunno, these are just my thoughts.

I agree with this completely! It's hard to tell with resin dolls the potential just by stock photos. It's when you see them in owners hands re-done and re-named that you begin to see the potential.

I did know that CP was sculpting for fairyland but I thought they did for Luts as well. This would explain the difference in the newer sculpt styles, thanks for the info!

....still want a boy though >_<

http://amara77.wordpress.com blog and shop

Spoke too soon....

second_banshee

I really love the new Luts girls- I haven't looked at Luts dolls seriously since they split with CP, but I'm really thinking about some of their anime-styled girls.

I agree that they lack a bit of charisma too, but with some customizing, I think they'd have a lot of potential- I also really agree that resin dolls seem to be more aimed at customization than the DD's do. That's part of the appeal for me, I think =D They remind me a bit of SQ Labs.

I think that some anime-style boys from Luts would be great- maybe with a new body too. It's such a wanted thing that I don't know why companies haven't done it so far 0_o;;;

Harleyquinne

I'm seriously considering picking up a Coco since I have some outfits and wigs that might fit her. But if I do, it will delay my plans of getting my first dollfie dream. Decisions, decisions! I'm leaning more towards getting a dollfie first, but who knows - I might get impatient.

Ara

Luts has just updated their skin colors, you can now (starting 3rd June) get three different tan skintones ->

http://www.eluts.com/board/view.php?board_name=DREAMBOARD4&ID=435

Sooooo...dark tanned Anime girl, here I come

I just hope they will release more molds in the future, and hopefully one of them will fit my taste.

So far none of the big girls got me hooked, but the thought of a dark skinned pastell Lolita girl is reaaaaally promising.

ZZ0WsD1.jpg

Yukamina
Luts has just updated their skin colors, you can now (starting 3rd June) get three different tan skintones ->

http://www.eluts.com/board/view.php?board_name=DREAMBOARD4&ID=435

Sooooo...dark tanned Anime girl, here I come

I just hope they will release more molds in the future, and hopefully one of them will fit my taste.

So far none of the big girls got me hooked, but the thought of a dark skinned pastell Lolita girl is reaaaaally promising.

Wow, tan skin makes brown skin look like a normal skin! Bah, since I started following Luts' releases they've done so many exciting things! I want a tan skin doll, but I can't get any more dollies right now...

Suzuna

Coco in tan would be so cute... I'm tempted!

mangaemi

I agree with this completely! It's hard to tell with resin dolls the potential just by stock photos. It's when you see them in owners hands re-done and re-named that you begin to see the potential.

I did know that CP was sculpting for fairyland but I thought they did for Luts as well. This would explain the difference in the newer sculpt styles, thanks for the info!

....still want a boy though >_<

I think alot of the issues with it not having that certain.. DD liveliness is down to their faceups... While they still have a kind of resin-sculpt in the eyes (notice how the opening kind of narrows on the inside of the eye), that can be kind of fixed with the right kind of faceup. Not sure if the Luts company is just not used to doing animetic faces... but they go with such dark and thick lines, it's not super appealing. I'm in the process of trying to get the Coco head to try to use on my centaur - I think it can work out really well just needs some loving from people who have done more animetic style faceups. Now I just gotta find one without having to buy the head+body.. o__O

♥ ★ ✮ ~ Amassing an army of Anime Cuties ~ ✮ ★ ♥

The Family: Sheryl, Ranka, Kirika, Arlex2, Yoko, Snow Miku, Haruka, Student Mariko, Prisma Illya, Akira, Maria, Cirno, Noumi, Asuna Titania, Sakuya

on the way: want: Sailor Moon, Miki, Yukiho

Yukamina

I think alot of the issues with it not having that certain.. DD liveliness is down to their faceups... While they still have a kind of resin-sculpt in the eyes (notice how the opening kind of narrows on the inside of the eye), that can be kind of fixed with the right kind of faceup. Not sure if the Luts company is just not used to doing animetic faces... but they go with such dark and thick lines, it's not super appealing. I'm in the process of trying to get the Coco head to try to use on my centaur - I think it can work out really well just needs some loving from people who have done more animetic style faceups. Now I just gotta find one without having to buy the head+body.. o__O

Maybe you can split the centaur with someone who wants the Bory head but not the centaur parts.

As for animetic face-ups... I find them to be hit and miss, even with Volks (as far as whether I think it looks nice or lively)

Shailara

And there's going to be a centaur girly too ;A; Nuuuu...hope it's also a pre-existing sculpt so I won't be tempted ;A; !

And yea I agree with Yukamina. Just open a double split on DoA, one for Coco's body and one for Bory's head (or the new centaur girl's)

(\_/)
( ' .' ) 
( uu)

mangaemi
Maybe you can split the centaur with someone who wants the Bory head but not the centaur parts.

As for animetic face-ups... I find them to be hit and miss, even with Volks (as far as whether I think it looks nice or lively)

yeah thankfully with the centaur I have it already split up - I'd just have to find someone willing to sell their anime Coco head b/c that's what I want to use on it : )

The Family: Sheryl, Ranka, Kirika, Arlex2, Yoko, Snow Miku, Haruka, Student Mariko, Prisma Illya, Akira, Maria, Cirno, Noumi, Asuna Titania, Sakuya

Yukamina

So does anyone have any blank pictures of these girls yet? I'm having a hard time finding any. I'd like to see Amy and Betty without face-ups, or with custom face-ups!

mangaemi

I finally found someone on DoA (well.. to be more accurate, they found me from my WTB thread lol) so I will have a blank Coco head coming in the mail and I will take pictures.

I have a request for anyone that has either one of these heads though... if you happen to have any other animetic type eyes to put in these heads I'd love to see them.... the Luts website says their "animetic eyes" are 16mm, but in my opinion they are too small and too circular for the eye openings... so they always kinda look like this o___o Volks has got some of their F type eyes (I think its F type) that comes in 18mm... but no other style comes that small...