Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

mangaemi

Luts' new Kid Delf MSD Centaur

mangaemi

http://www.eluts.com/shop/step1.php?number=7217&b_code=B20101202055721

My friend who's only really into resin dolls showed me this - and I'm just smitten.. (even though I cant see the doll's face... XD) I think I'd really only want it for the body/centaur bit... I haven't had a Luts MSD sized doll before - and my friend seems to think Kid Delf heads are way way smaller than DD or even SQlab.. but I just wonder... I'd prefer a female centaur but I'll do with a male for now. He's got the best proportions/style than any other centaur doll I've seen (well the super small centaur dollies are cute, just I need something bigger XD).

Anyone else excited for June 3? I want to see how much this sucker will cost.. o__o then try to justify it to the husb.... XD

♥ ★ ✮ ~ Amassing an army of Anime Cuties ~ ✮ ★ ♥

The Family: Sheryl, Ranka, Kirika, Arlex2, Yoko, Snow Miku, Haruka, Student Mariko, Prisma Illya, Akira, Maria, Cirno, Noumi, Asuna Titania, Sakuya

on the way: want: Sailor Moon, Miki, Yukiho

Shailara

His price will be up sooner than his release date uvu I am REALLY interested in him, I really want to see his face first though >_< Because I have other plans, so altough his body is one of the best centaur bodies I've seen so far, if the face doesn't scream 'must-have' to me, I'll probably pass up on him TTvTT;

My friend who is in possession of my KDF girl can answer you about the head difference, although I'm pretty sure it's big alright. A DD head is as big as SDF heads I believe and the KDF heads look pretty small in comparison, like young siblings or something uvu The difference isn't something that bothers me though.

(\_/)
( ' .' ) 
( uu)

second_banshee

His lil face is up! He's rather cute, but I'm more interested in the body for my Crobidoll Marisol than anything else.

Shailara

Yea, I saw him >v< He is kinda cute, but although I like Bories, it's not a sculpt I want to own uvu I will have to see what I'll do hm...

(\_/)
( ' .' ) 
( uu)

Jezrah

I have a fantasy resin crew started on the side, so I like the idea of him. But my crew is started via a Resinsoul Mei, so although she's 1/4 she's an adult. So this guy wouldn't fit in size wise. It's a pity, like othes said it's the best centaur body I've seen yet. If only I could have that size but a mature mini...

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

Yukamina

He's got a face now! It's Bory with half-lidded eyes I love Bory. I wonder if they'd let you order any KDF head to go with the centaur body.

I haven't had a Luts MSD sized doll before - and my friend seems to think Kid Delf heads are way way smaller than DD or even SQlab.. but I just wonder..

Most companies mini sized dolls (MSD, KDF, etc) are 1/4 size. DDs and SD sized dolls are 1/3 size. So minis usually look disproportionately small compared to the larger SD sized dolls. Even though many mini BJD are supposed to be children, they look a bit too small to me, though the size doesn't bother other people.

I think MDDs are amazing because they are in scale with DDs They have bigger heads than other mini BJD. I keep my SD sized BJDs, DDs, and MDDs together, and my mini BJDs separate.

mangaemi
He's got a face now! It's Bory with half-lidded eyes I love Bory. I wonder if they'd let you order any KDF head to go with the centaur body.

I haven't had a Luts MSD sized doll before - and my friend seems to think Kid Delf heads are way way smaller than DD or even SQlab.. but I just wonder..

Most companies mini sized dolls (MSD, KDF, etc) are 1/4 size. DDs and SD sized dolls are 1/3 size. So minis usually look disproportionately small compared to the larger SD sized dolls. Even though many mini BJD are supposed to be children, they look a bit too small to me, though the size doesn't bother other people.

I think MDDs are amazing because they are in scale with DDs They have bigger heads than other mini BJD. I keep my SD sized BJDs, DDs, and MDDs together, and my mini BJDs separate.

Yeah I wanted to know this too because I wanted to get Anime head instead of the standard one

The Family: Sheryl, Ranka, Kirika, Arlex2, Yoko, Snow Miku, Haruka, Student Mariko, Prisma Illya, Akira, Maria, Cirno, Noumi, Asuna Titania, Sakuya

Shailara

I don't think Luts will allow you to order whatever head but they have a few heads for sale in the "Parts" section. Otherwise, one could always put up a split ^v^

(\_/)
( ' .' ) 
( uu)

mangaemi
I don't think Luts will allow you to order whatever head but they have a few heads for sale in the "Parts" section. Otherwise, one could always put up a split ^v^

Yeah I think you're right - on most of their doll pages they have: " It is impossible to change doll's parts which is not offered as option." D'oh.......

i'd need to see how much bigger a KDF head is from a SQlab one (maybe Haruka or Hibiki). b/c I'm not a super fan of the realistic boy head with a giant horn on him lol XD

Yukamina

Luts does do a My Choice system sort of thing where you can combine head a body from different lines (junior delf head on a delf body). Maybe they will do a My Choice for the centaur or offer different heads as centaurs later...

Shailara

Maybe at a later point, IF they make the body a standard, which I highly doubt. Luts is pretty good at keeping limiteds as that, limiteds. So far I think they've only rereleased Regen scar face and Lolly and that's still with big differences between the faces!

I do think they'll rerelease the body though, even with differences. I don't think they'd go through all that trouble to make it just to sell it once.

(\_/)
( ' .' ) 
( uu)

mangaemi
Luts does do a My Choice system sort of thing where you can combine head a body from different lines (junior delf head on a delf body). Maybe they will do a My Choice for the centaur or offer different heads as centaurs later...

Yeah my concern is that they may not offer the option later and ill be paying after market prices. If the female bust fits a guy frame I might try to Frankenstein a few things then sell the remaining body with whatever is left over XD

mangaemi

Oh and incase everyone doesnt have DoA - someone on there took photos of a female chest piece on a male KDF body, and they do not fit well.. so trying to convert the male centaur into a female would be tricky

Shailara

The male torso isn't all that manly or anything, you could have a flat-chested girl? XD

(\_/)
( ' .' ) 
( uu)

Ara

As far as I saw the Centaur itself is limited?

So I doubt the body will be available later...but many people actually like the Romance Bory face, so I guess a split is the best option :3

However, a Kid Delf head should have roughly the size of an MDD head (since they are both in the MSD size range), so if you want to put an SQLabs or DD head on the body, look out for the MDD suitable ones.

Edited by Guest

ZZ0WsD1.jpg

Shailara
However, a Kid Delf head should have roughly the size of an MDD head (since they are both in the MSD size range), so if you want to put an SQLabs or DD head on the body, look out for the MDD suitable ones.

This isn't really true. MDD heads are DD sized heads, that's why they look cute but bobbleheadded on the MDD body. All Dollfie Dream heads are the same size (aprox), none are specially made for the MDD and are all interchangeable between MDD-DD. I can tell you 100% for sure MDD and MSD look REALLY weird next to each other due to the DD head's size O_O;

(\_/)
( ' .' ) 
( uu)

Ara

This isn't really true. MDD heads are DD sized heads, that's why they look cute but bobbleheadded on the MDD body. All Dollfie Dream heads are the same size (aprox), none are specially made for the MDD and are all interchangeable between MDD-DD. I can tell you 100% for sure MDD and MSD look REALLY weird next to each other due to the DD head's size O_O;

Woah, really?

I always thought the "real" MDD heads (i.e. not the standard heads 01-07, but ones that were released with MDD body) were a bit on the smaller side o_O

Because...wow, when I look at the DDs we have at home I can barely imagine them on a MSD sized body.

Okay, please ignore my last post then XD

ZZ0WsD1.jpg

Yukamina

It might be fine to put an MDD head on a KDF body, though. I put a 01 head on a Volks MSD body and it looks good.

I don't have a real MDD head myself, but they look a bit smaller than DD heads in pictures... but they'd still be bigger than KDF heads.

mangaemi

my resin collector gal-pal was shocked when she first saw my DD b/c she said "omg their heads are so huge!" lol. If i remember her right those guys take what a 6-7 wig? That's quite a bit smaller than dd/sqlab. Which stinks.. I want an anime centaur dagnabit!! lol (but dont want to buy an extra luts doll just for their anime girl head lol)

mangaemi

oh hey - does anyone here happen to have a Luts WS or NS *and* a NS or WS sqlab head to compare? I used my friends KDF and their normal heads just seem too tiny to me, and a SQLab Hibiki actually seemed to be okay proportion wise.. NS SQlab resin to WS Luts had an obvious mismatch.. but I'm wondering what Luts NS would look like compared to SQLab WS or NS.

Shailara

I don't have an SQ Lab but if it helps any, Luts NS is a kind of very light pink color. I think you'd have better chances posting on the SQ thread on DoA if you haven't ^ ^

(\_/)
( ' .' ) 
( uu)

Yukamina

They have more pics of the centaur up now. And it looks like there will be a female centaur released sometime too! You can see a female centaur in the background towards the end of the pics.

mangaemi
They have more pics of the centaur up now. And it looks like there will be a female centaur released sometime too! You can see a female centaur in the background towards the end of the pics.

eeeeeee yea I saw! XD Soooooo 'xcited! So my plan right now is just get the two Luts anime styled heads, and use the Mango one on the male centaur and Coco on the female centaur. I'm hoping they release her in the same colors as the male (white or tan), I almost went with brown resin for the male.. but ehh - you can't blush to other colors as much as the white. but you *can* get gold hooves/horn/tail with a white skin horse body. They updated that bit back on their q&a section.

Now I just gotta find split participants on DoA... yaaaaaaay! XD

mangaemi

Well... for any of you folks curious about the luts centaur body... but with an anime heaaaaaaaaad....

10546548884_1ee59a28ca.jpg

It's a crappy pic (all I have available is my iphone atm lol), but I have my new luts centaur male kdf body with a normal skin sqlab head on it. I'm not totally sure if its the DD or normalskin resin... but it's not that far off from luts realskin normal. I was afraid it would be a drastic shift, but it's really not esp when you put a wig on her.

I have images of her with a KDF Kiwi winter head.. (if you want to see those they're on my instagram.com/mangaemi account ) but maybe I'm just so used to the anime aesthetic and the heads being so much larger... I actually prefer her with an anime head, and she's just a little chibi centaur girl. Maybe someone on DoA can test to see if a female KDF body goes in the horsey body and if it does that'd be great... since guy kdf bodies are just a wee bit wide... XD

still, the illusion works enough for me! XD