Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
SakuraDreams

SD head on DD body?

SakuraDreams

I recently won a Volks SD NONO Winter Smile head (with eyes and faceup) on EBay. Now I'm wondering about putting her in a DD body. Is this done? Any thoughts on this? Head too heavy? Fits easily?

Thanks

At home: DD Sakura Shinguji, DDS Yukiho Hagiwara, DD Asuna, DD Rina Ogata, DDS MOMO, DDS Ranko Kanzaki.

Waiting for: Hatsune Miku

Preordered: Ranka Lee

Countdown to Hatsune Miku.

DivinitaAria

I have my Volks Rose's head on a DD body She's kind of bobble-headed and it's more yellow compared to the pink DD body (she's normal skin. Is Winter Smile Nono white?), but I think she looks WAY better than she did on her old swarrico body. I don't like the chunky-ness of the sd10 body.

561544_10151815862534297_1326671911_n.jpg

Rise - Rise // Rise #2 - Rise // Ritsuko - 2B // Momo - M.O.M.O. // Nayuki -Mikuru // Romi - 09 // Makoto - Sailor Jupiter // Mikasa - DD07 (WIP)
Waiting on: DDH-25 for custom Akechi 🥰

Gunter

I've been admiring a SwD Nono for ages, and I've played with one of my friends countless times so hopefully I can help you out. ^^

Nono's head will be very bobble-headed on a DD body, the resin match will be off even with the newer ver. you are getting. Seeing as you are getting the OE ver. she will be however be NS (the newer one that is SwD is WS which is what I think Aria was thinking of.)

A warning, the neck cirbleepference is going to be different for the Nono head, and it will reflect the larger neck that is the SDGr body. It may have an issue with flopping about because of this reason. You could try hot glue sueding the head and seeing if that will help it get some grip, and reduce the random movement she'll have going on.

If you get the original Nono release it may have a little less flop to it as it was originally fitted for the SD10 body and the neck was thinner. The head will be a lot more yellowed even if kept well due to oxidation though.

I think it could be okay. I don't know how she'll proportionally look cause her head is wider than the usual DD head--including wider than the pretty Rose here. ><;; She could look great though. How much is the head you are looking at? She's not worth too much for a LE head from Volks, which is nice, but the newer one is worth a bit more. ^^

archangeli

WS Nono has a massive head @__@

8735917357_425a38694e_z.jpg

Other than the slight colour difference, it could work. The SDGrG body is practically the same size as a DD.

8450151887_2e94dd76fd_n.jpg

Archangeli.net | Twitter: @MsArchangeli | YouTube: Archangeli

Kitsune

Sorry to bump such an old thread, but the title was fitting to my question.

Does anybody know how the resin match of a new Ringdoll head in Normal Skin with a Dollfie Dream body would be? I wonder if it would fit best on a DD NS body or rather SWS, since Ringdoll's skins are rather light.

Your help or input would be very appreciated